- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- Slight delay for Washington Cherries
- Gamtoos Valley citrus campaign runs uninterrupted
- High-density vertical farm will supply enough leafy greens for all of British Columbia come fall
- "We started the cherry campaign 12 days later, with good prices and large sizes"
- Russian isolation deepens with shipping lines making their final port calls
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Poland: Apple volume to rise to 4 million tonnes
This season shows that there will be about 20-30% less apples produced in Poland compared to last year. Due the growing numbers of orchards in Poland, it is expected that the volume of apples will increase to 4 million tonnes in the coming 5-8 years.
At this moment, Poland is the biggest producer of apples in Europe. With the increasing apple production, they will approach the U.S. production as far as volume is concerned. "This means, we will need to export our apples to new markets. With the decreasing production in Western Europe, we have a big chance not only to become key supplier for Europe, but also further destinations like Africa and Middle East," stated Nowakowski.
The demand of the early seasons showed a decent number of sales and promotions for the domestic market. In particular, the summer varieties like Paulared, Piros or Celeste were selling quite well in August and September. The beginning of October started slow in terms of sales and that is expected to last for another few weeks. On the other hand, new markets are in demand of apples and the volume of export is increasing steadily every week.
Genesis Fresh supplies Western countries such as Germany, France, the UK, Italy, and of course neighbour Russia, the main apple export destination for Polish apples. The main varieties from Genesis Fresh are Jonagold, Jonagored, Red Chief, Champion, Gala Must, Gloster, Ligol, Idared. We just finished with summer apples Paulared, Delikates, Piros. Some volume of Cortland and Lobo is still available.
Genesis Fresh will also be supplying Africa and the Middle East this season. "These are interesting destination points for our apples, which are already recognized by the new markets for good quality and for being tasty fruits. These markets are concerned with good coloration and hardness of the fruits. The varieties which are not susceptible to damage in long distance travelling and still stay fresh on arrival are in high demand," said Nowakowski.
Genesis Fresh will this year, as every year, offer a special product, apples for Valentine’s Day. In addition this year, the company has a new product: Apples for Christmas. We will monitor demand for these apples and next year we will be able to offer mass volume for our clients.
"Furthermore, to add to our specialities this year, we are able to offer apples with signs done by laser and waxed to preserve freshness. We can provide apples with all kinds of writing on such as Merry Christmas; Have a nice day, etc. The capacity of the machine is able to produce pallets of these apples and even full trucks upon demand. These fruits are packed in 1 layer cartons of 6-7kg.
For more information:
Tel: + 48 22 378 34 05
Fax: + 48 22 378 34 66
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-10-29 From the Aosta Valley, the Augusta apples are making their way on to the national scene
- 2021-10-29 Ontario apple crop down 15 percent for 2021-2022
- 2021-10-28 "Demand for pears currently exceeds sorting capacity"
- 2021-10-28 The overall commoditization rate of China’s apples in 2021 is expected to be 20%-30% lower than last year
- 2021-10-27 Michigan growers see 15 percent drop in apple volume for 2021-2022
- 2021-10-27 Increase in apple price due to late start
- 2021-10-26 Untimely snowfall damages apple orchards in south Kashmir
- 2021-10-26 Strong Pazazz apple crop headed to store
- 2021-10-25 'First domestic batches of Kanzis have arrived'
- 2021-10-25 Serbian apple growers need to adapt to changing market and plentiful European harvest
- 2021-10-22 Argentina could market up to 100,000 fewer tons of pears and apples in 2021
- 2021-10-22 “Goal is to be the best and highest volume Turkish apple brand in India in 3 years”
- 2021-10-21 “In some areas the apples now have a completely black color”
- 2021-10-21 “Prices are higher than in previous years”
- 2021-10-20 EU consumption of fresh apples still at high level
- 2021-10-20 Premium apple brand finds success in U.S. market
- 2021-10-19 “Start of trading season was slightly delayed”
- 2021-10-18 New pear varieties to relaunch the sector
- 2021-10-15 “We are doubling our volumes of Legend harvested, going from 400 to 800 tons!”
- 2021-10-14 New harvest of red Fuji apples from Yantai enters Chinese market in mid-October