- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW TOMATOES
- “Harvesting large volumes of blueberries should be delayed by about 7 to 10 days”
- South African power grid under immense strain as cold stores prepare for new EU orange protocol
- Ecuador’s banana exports to resume after end of crippling nationwide protests
- Extreme price pressure on banana producers
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
Sun World grants producer rights to Central and South American companies
Camposol S.A. of Peru and Grupo Alta of Sonora Mexico have been granted rights to produce Sun World grape varieties in their respective countries, to distribute and market their fruit and to use Sun World’s brands in the marketplace, Sun World Executive Vice President David Marguleas said.
Grupo Alta was established in 1989 by its original founders, Enrique Camou, Carlos Bon and Alan Aguirre, its current CEO. Located in the state of Sonora, Mexico, Grupo Alta farms several products in seven different ranches, mainly stone fruit, melons, pecan, hot house vegetables and most important, table grapes. It prides itself on its commitment to innovation, food safety, ethical standards and packing quality.
Camposol was founded in Peru in 1997 and today owns more than 25,000 hectares (61,000 acres) throughout Peru’s agricultural regions. It is one of the world’s largest asparagus exporter, one of the world’s largest avocado producers and a leading grape producer-exporter. Its grape operation is managed by Manzur Fegale, fruit division general manager.
“Grupo Alta’s specific attention to producing and marketing quality fruit makes them a compelling partner and a great addition to the Sun World licensing family,” Marguleas noted, adding that “Camposol’s broad-based involvement in the Peruvian fruit industry and its singular commitment to grape production in Peru’s Piura region will bring even greater strength to our aim for truly year-round supply capability.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Charentais melons grown in Belgium for the first time
- 2022-07-01 Cherry harvesting has begun in the South Okanagan, delayed by rain
- 2022-07-01 Watermelon retail merchandising contest call for entries
- 2022-07-01 2022 Pear harvest expected to stay below European potential
- 2022-07-01 “Kishmish” and “Rizamat” grape varieties on sale in Uzbekistan
- 2022-07-01 Georgian blueberry prices have fallen this week
- 2022-07-01 "Extremadura confirms, once again, that it is a reliable stone fruit producing area"
- 2022-07-01 "Cooperatives from Almeria and Murcia showcase the importance of having your own sales departments abroad"
- 2022-07-01 “Harvesting large volumes of blueberries should be delayed by about 7 to 10 days”
- 2022-06-30 APHIS establishes Mexican Fruit Fly quarantines in Hargill and Lyford, Willacy County, Texas
- 2022-06-30 Foreign imports are negatively affecting Indian apple trade
- 2022-06-30 Dutoit Agri and Maersk partner up with SA Harvest to alleviate hunger in South Africa
- 2022-06-30 Fragment Design logo grown on a melon
- 2022-06-30 "The new plantation will increase the production volume by 30% between 2023 and 2024"
- 2022-06-30 "Many berry producers from Huelva are considering abandoning their crops"
- 2022-06-30 Mexican growers plan to export up to 12% more berries
- 2022-06-30 "By putting in just a little energy, the system can be used effortlessly"
- 2022-06-30 Coöperatie Hoogstraten receives traders on its Taste Days Soft Fruit
- 2022-06-30 Successful beginning of season for the Italian Solinda watermelon
- 2022-06-30 "Sluggish melon market, balanced marketing situation for Spanish stone fruit"