- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- Danish robots make up for labour shortages on farms across Europe and further afield
- Australian-first Reemoon Fruscan 7 blemish grading technology already achieving improved quality
- Supermarket shortages could worsen as Australian growers brace for rain
- Ecuador: Non-oil export losses amount to $85 million in 16 days of strikes
- "Many berry producers from Huelva are considering abandoning their crops"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
New distribution center in Shanghai to facilitate growing cherry demand
“There is the impression in China that cherries are precious and are good for your health,” said Jessie Chan, marketing director for Global Andes Export. “It's a very popular gift during special occasions, especially the Moon Festival and Chinese New Year.” With cherries from North America diminishing this time of year, Chinese importers will look to South American fruit to meet consumer demand, and those importers are hoping for good weather to make sure there are adequate supplies.
“Most of our volume is from Argentina and Chile,” said Chan. “The supply from South America will be very much dependent on the weather there during the next few weeks.” Prices for cherries rise during gaps in the season, like the current one between North American and South American supplies, but if there's good weather in South American cherry-producing regions, then as shipments from those regions pick up in November, prices will once again come down.
Facilitating imports this year will be a new distribution center in Shanghai. The Huizhan Fruit and Vegetable Market, which is located 30 kilometers from the center of the city, consists of about 100 acres of trading areas, cold storage and office buildings. The market will be a major distribution point for fruit destined for the Northern part of China.
For more information:
Global Andes Company Ltd
Tel: 852 31882309
Fax: 852 31882307
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 APHIS establishes Mexican Fruit Fly quarantines in Hargill and Lyford, Willacy County, Texas
- 2022-06-30 Foreign imports are negatively affecting Indian apple trade
- 2022-06-30 Dutoit Agri and Maersk partner up with SA Harvest to alleviate hunger in South Africa
- 2022-06-30 Fragment Design logo grown on a melon
- 2022-06-30 "The new plantation will increase the production volume by 30% between 2023 and 2024"
- 2022-06-30 "Many berry producers from Huelva are considering abandoning their crops"
- 2022-06-30 Mexican growers plan to export up to 12% more berries
- 2022-06-30 "By putting in just a little energy, the system can be used effortlessly"
- 2022-06-30 Coöperatie Hoogstraten receives traders on its Taste Days Soft Fruit
- 2022-06-30 Successful beginning of season for the Italian Solinda watermelon
- 2022-06-30 "Sluggish melon market, balanced marketing situation for Spanish stone fruit"
- 2022-06-30 The production of Huangguan pears is expected to decrease by about 25% to 30% in the new season of 2022
- 2022-06-30 "Due to weaker holiday season demand, it becomes challenging to place all goods on the market"
- 2022-06-30 Chinese homebuilders skirt discount limits with ingenious promotions
- 2022-06-29 The overall price of bayberries has risen this year
- 2022-06-29 Wimbledon organizers: Price of strawberries & cream proves event is not elitist
- 2022-06-29 Raspberry season has started in Ukraine
- 2022-06-29 Himachal apple growers claim over 30% of crop damaged due to weather
- 2022-06-29 "Jumilla's pear production has fallen by 40-50% because of the spring rains, but we expect good prices this year"
- 2022-06-29 "The new blackberry varieties that are coming allow us to look to the future with optimism"