- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
- China’s lockdowns force fruit exporters to divert to Southeast Asia
- “It is very frustrating as we have the land, we have the water, we have the sun but no labour"
- Sri Lankan coconut coir exporter to double berry farms in Mexico
- New Zealand organic apple grower continues export to Russian Federation
- Advanced core processing: New robot technology appealing for apple growers
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Key Technology introduces Taurys™, digital laser sorter
With its Enygma™ sort engine, new architecture, a re-engineered and patented Chycane™ infeed chute, new ejection manifold, and the most effective and reliable lasers, Taurys handles higher incoming defect loads, increases detection resolution, and improves the accuracy of defect and foreign material (FM) removal. Taurys improves sorting efficiencies and reduces false rejects to help food processors improve product quality and increase yield.
Faster data processing enabled the sorter’s architecture to be changed to reduce the distance from the inspection zone to the ejection zone, resulting in product control and improved sorting efficiency. Combine this with a new ejection manifold that features twice the number of ejectors in the same space, and Taurys maximizes ejection accuracy to increase defect and FM removal and reduce false rejects, resulting in improved yields.
The new sorting engine enables the fusion of multiple sensor characteristics into a single sort decision. This “fusion sorting” capability differs from traditional food sorting that makes sort decisions based on the product attributes collected by each sensor separately. The fusion of data creates a higher contrast for more accurate differentiation of good products from defects and FM.
Faster data processing allowed the patented Chycane infeed chute to be reengineered to maximize control of the product. Compared to traditional waterfall sorters, the Chycane chute enhances product stability to produce a more consistent trajectory through the inspection and ejection zones. This increases removal of defects and FM and reduces false rejects resulting in improved product quality.
Taurys is a 100-percent digital laser sorter that eliminates the transmission of analog laser signals, which are prone to signal degradation and data loss. Taurys is not affected by noise or interference, which enables this sorter to identify finer details and remove smaller defects and FM. Additionally, the sorter’s laser scanner, which typically operates at 12,000 rpm (revolutions per minute), is now able to operate up to 24,000 rpm to increase inspection resolution and identify even smaller defects and FM.
Key can configure Taurys with the widest range of detection wavelengths to sort on the color and/or structural properties of objects to meet each application’s requirements. This high performance chute-fed sorter is ideal for nuts, dried fruit, frozen fruits and vegetables, and other products such as fresh-cut produce, confections, coffee, and snack foods. It can be located near the beginning of the processing line to eliminate defects and FM prior to value-added processes, or near the end of the line where precise defect and FM removal assures final product quality prior to packaging.
With its 1200-mm (47-inch) wide inspection zone, Taurys sorts a maximum capacity of 3 to 15 metric tons (3.3 to 16.5 short tons), depending on the product.
Taurys features an icon-based graphical user interface (GUI) that is easy to learn and use, reducing operator training and simplifying operations. Product settings can be stored and retrieved for fast product changeovers. The GUI can reside locally and can be accessed remotely via its OPC-compliant infrastructure, enhancing the flexibility in the operating environment and easing access for remote factory troubleshooting and application assistance.
For more information:
Key Technology, Inc.
Tel: +1 509 529 2161
Fax: +1 509 527 1331
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-18 Advanced core processing: New robot technology appealing for apple growers
- 2022-05-17 Photo report: Faster, higher quality and saving on drying time
- 2022-05-16 Online auction of weighing and packaging lines for onions
- 2022-05-13 Eastern Victoria horti business focuses on technology
- 2022-05-12 Sweet corn equipment available to ship today
- 2022-05-09 Drones to find underground water
- 2022-05-06 Flame sterilizing potato seed tuber cutting machine could minimize spread of diseases
- 2022-05-05 Dehydrated fruits make good business for Sri Lanka mango grower
- 2022-05-05 InsightTRAC: Robot targets pest-infested almonds
- 2022-05-04 Vaquita - flow packs packaging for fresh produce
- 2022-05-03 Photo report: Automation continuing at full speed
- 2022-05-03 Online auction of Dutch company's fruit and vegetable processors, rolling stock, and inventory
- 2022-05-02 Online auction weighing and packaging lines for snack tomatoes
- 2022-04-29 FtsSort launches sweet potato washing and sorting machine on South American market
- 2022-04-27 John Deere forms joint venture with GUSS Automation
- 2022-04-25 Italian technology used in Switzerland for sorting potatoes and onions
- 2022-04-25 "HVLS industrial fan proven to help significantly improve indoor environment"
- 2022-04-25 Peru: Vertical bike climbs trees to harvest fruit and prevent deforestation
- 2022-04-25 Drone to aid Brazilian growers in battle against HLB
- 2022-04-25 Robotic pickers see double success in Portugal