- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Acquisition creates multiple synergies for Cool Fresh International
Netherlands: Agrocap Invest strengthens position with acquisition of Saphir
The parties recently decided to fast-track the plans which have been on the drawing board since 2011, and a decision was made to effectuate this as per 1 January 2013. The age and future personal plans of Hans Oosterman, the current owner of Saphir BVplayed a prominent role in this decision. Cornee de Kluyver of the consultancy firm Krüger & Partners from Rotterdam advised Saphir during the acquisition process.
Johan in 't Veld, CEO of Agrocap Invest reveals that this pooling of products, assets and skills constitutes an appropriate response to developments in the fresh produce industry. He states that increasing the added value in the fresh produce supply chain is key to the growth of AgroCap. In addition, the product and client mix of Saphir is a perfect addition to the existing commercial activities of the AgroCap Group.
According to In t Veld, the dynamics in the industry calls for combined solutions. “New business models based on a joining of forces, in conjunction with competent professionals, can create breakthroughs for all links in the chain. This suits the growth strategy which the AgroCap Group set for itself in 2007, specifically in order to develop better solutions for customers and producers”.
The focus point of AgroCap’s growth strategy is to facilitate the organic development of its subsidiaries, and to support this via the complementary products and skills offering of all companies within the group.
Saphir will be integrated in its entirety into the commercial operations of Cool Fresh International, the oldest fresh produce company in the group. Hugo Vermeulen, Managing Director of Cool Fresh International will be responsible for the management of the enlarged company.
“Because of the fact that we have been cooperating intensively with Saphir during the past year it is clear to us that this company also places clients and suppliers on centre stage, and this fits in perfectly well with the DNA of AgroCap. The takeover provides an extra impulse for our innovative marketing solutions, and creates an ideal environment for the personal development of all people who are active in it”.
The complete management and sales teams of Saphir will be employed in the enlarged organization, and it is expected that the integration process will run smoothly under the leadership op Hugo Vermeulen.
According to Hans Oosterman of Saphir, the takeover by AgroCap provides the best of both worlds. “A robust and intensified market acquisition process from within our modern logistic facility in Ridderkerk, coupled with the further development of tailor made solutions for the global clients of AgroCap will create extensive benefits for clients and producers.”
For more information:
Johan in t Veld
AgroCap Invest BV
Tel: + 31 651 849 250
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 South Mill Champs expands Atlanta distribution center
- 2022-01-21 Hazel Tech announces Asia Pacific office expansion and investment
- 2022-01-21 The Bonduelle group extends its capital to farming partners and creates the concept of "shareholder producer"
- 2022-01-20 Snijpunt welcomes Jurgen van der Wilk as new commercial manager
- 2022-01-20 Sakata Seed America welcomes senior biotechnology manager
- 2022-01-20 BayWa Global Produce subsidiary TFC Holland to invest in new site
- 2022-01-20 How are Dutch supermarkets faring?
- 2022-01-19 Postharvest academy webinar series launches
- 2022-01-19 Good Foods names EVP and president of Mexican operations
- 2022-01-19 Vision Produce Company promotes VP
- 2022-01-19 CEA Advisors teams up with Parus-Europe for crop specific Strawberry Growtainers
- 2022-01-19 Continental Grain Company invests in Agroberries to accelerate global expansion plans
- 2022-01-19 Lidl gives green light to LEAF Marque on UK fresh produce
- 2022-01-19 "Fantastic step forward in our European goal”
- 2022-01-19 Smurfit Kappa announces USD33 million investment in Fortaleza, Brazil
- 2022-01-19 KBC appoints Dr Roger Hellens as Chief Technology Officer
- 2022-01-19 The first Spanish startup to deliver fruits and vegetables directly from the field to the table in less than an hour
- 2022-01-19 Zimbabwe: Revenue Ariston drops 19 percent
- 2022-01-19 State agribusiness group CDC posts over XAF18 bln loss for 2020
- 2022-01-19 Plenty appoints Arama Kukutai as new CEO