- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Key Technology introduces Optyx® with three-way sorting
Key designed Optyx with three-way sorting for processors that want to separate good product into distinct grades or isolate product that can be reworked and recovered separately from foreign material and waste.
Three-way sorting is available on Optyx 3000, which handles up to 6 metric tons (13,000 lbs) of product per hour, and on Optyx 6000, which handles up to 12 metric tons (26,500 lbs) per hour. For higher volume lines, Key’s Manta® sorter, which can also be equipped with three-way sorting, handles up to 20 metric tons (44,000 lbs) per hour.
Optyx with three-way sorting utilizes Key Technology’s unique built-in sorting intelligence to separate product into three streams based on a combination of product-specific attributes. The sorter’s proprietary color cameras recognize each object’s size, shape, and millions of color differences. Key’s laser technology is used to inspect the distinctive structural properties of each object to identify additional product attributes and reliably detect foreign material.
For example, a walnut processor might program Optyx to remove shells, fibers, membrane, and other FM to the first stream while separating darker nuts to the second stream and higher value light-colored nuts to the third stream. Compared to traditional two-way sorters that often require a walnut processor to run product through one sorter multiple times or leverage two or more sorters in sequence, three-way sorting reduces the number of passes through a sorter, limiting product degradation and either doubling throughput or reducing capital equipment.
Optyx with three-way sorting is also ideal for removing foreign material and separating valuable off-grade product that can be reworked from the primary product. For these applications, three-way sorting can improve the quality of the pass stream, increase yields, reduce labor costs, and minimize total capital equipment investment. If needed, Optyx with three-way sorting can quickly be configured to run in a two-way sort mode.
Optyx sorters feature an intuitive, easy-to-use touchscreen user interface. The interface can be accessed remotely via a local network or the Internet, enhancing flexibility in the operating environment and easing access for remote factory troubleshooting and application assistance. Intelligent real-time and on-demand diagnostics help prevent costly downtime by proactively detecting conditions that could compromise inspection performance.
For more information:
Key Technology, Inc.
Tel: +1 509 529 2161
Fax: +1 509 527 1331
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-17 "Our customers appreciate the fact that new things are constantly being added to what is tried and tested"
- 2022-01-14 Robot increases efficiency of South African blueberry picking
- 2022-01-13 "Europe Retail Packing gets its 7th and 8th top seal machines"
- 2022-01-13 In 2022 courgette harvesting machines can also be rented
- 2022-01-07 "Vertical feeding system should result in many fewer stoppages"
- 2022-01-07 Robot lasers weeds from the fields without herbicide
- 2022-01-06 Eqraft coordinates new-build and doubling of Dacomex capacity
- 2022-01-05 XAG reveals new generation drones and robots for agrifuture
- 2021-12-24 Pallieter Group acquires Heffiq
- 2021-12-24 Helping vegetable processors achieve food safety and product quality
- 2021-12-24 "We've caused quite a stir and are building a reputation for measurable success."
- 2021-12-24 “There is so much to say about Japanese local citrus varieties”
- 2021-12-23 It is time to protect orchards from frost
- 2021-12-23 Indoor farm robot reduces labor expenses and increases (harvesting) efficiency
- 2021-12-22 New robot traps pests for 80 kms
- 2021-12-21 Japanese vending machines offering fresh tomatoes quite succesful
- 2021-12-20 Great offer of second-hand machinery for the food industry in Kapelle
- 2021-12-17 A machine to mechanically de-stem strawberries destined for processing
- 2021-12-17 Robotization of the asparagus: a solution to the scarcity of labor?
- 2021-12-16 Engineers develop robotic hand with a gecko-inspired grip