- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- “More than 7,000 cherry containers are coming to Hong Kong port; slow custom clearance is a problem”
- Giant capsicums appearing in Australian supermarkets
- Vertically integrated berry producer launches in Ontario
- "We expect to increase our production by more than 300% in the next three years"
- "Sweet potato demand bound to rise"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: First Zambian grapes at Sainsbury's
The company grows grapes on 20 hectares in Zambia, cultivation has been underway for five years, this year being the first with commercial volumes for export, CEO of the parent company PGI Group, Sebastian Hobhouse said, "we created the grape supply to crack the Northern European market. There was a demand for good quality grapes in this period just before the Namibia and South African seasons."
125 tonnes will be exported this year, mainly of the Prime White variety with some Red Flame. The first fruit has already been delivered by air freight, a method of transport that the company is very experienced with after years of supplying roses to all the major supermarket chains in Europe.
Mr Hobhouse explained that he hopes the grape export will grow steadily over the next five to ten years.
Khal Amazi supply exclusively to Sainsburys, the Prime White and Red Flame sales started this week, priced at 2.35 for 500g.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 Honduras import melon season underway
- 2022-01-21 "With just ten days until Chinese New Year demand is very good, we are picking as fast as we can"
- 2022-01-21 Moroccan raspberries gained ground on Spanish raspberries in November and December
- 2022-01-21 The Pears de Rincón de Soto PDO was awarded the 2022 Flavor of the Year award
- 2022-01-21 Peruvian white grape exports gain ground over the Red Globe exports
- 2022-01-21 COAG denounces that supermarkets are selling melons that are not from Almeria as if they were from that province
- 2022-01-21 Cold spring had a serious impact on Czech fruit harvest
- 2022-01-21 "This week, the first grapes have been shipped from India"
- 2022-01-21 Production and export of Argentinian blueberries declines
- 2022-01-21 Third largest fruit exporter in the country, Ceará sells US$ 178 million in 2021
- 2022-01-21 Building strawberry farms to feed North America
- 2022-01-21 Apples from Ukraine and Moldova selling well in Tajikistan
- 2022-01-21 Chinese cherries are about to enter the domestic market
- 2022-01-21 The imported fruit price index mainly showed a trend of increase in 2021
- 2022-01-21 South African pears allowed to enter China
- 2022-01-20 Strawberry supplies increasing again
- 2022-01-20 How did cherry trees in North Okanagan weather the recent freeze?
- 2022-01-20 What are the latest trends in raspberries?
- 2022-01-20 South African pears to benefit from empty European & UK markets
- 2022-01-20 "The high light levels are producing great quality and good availability which will last for a couple of weeks"