- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (FL): Economist says citrus growers can expect profitable season
The average break-even cost for growing oranges in Florida is $1.30 per pound solids, a measure of how much juice is squeezed from fruit. Annually about 95 percent of Florida oranges and 60 percent of grapefruit go to juice. Total gross revenue from the 2012-13 Florida orange crop should be at least $1.2 billion, making it the fifth-highest revenue season on record, Salois said. Salois predicted the average retail price for a gallon of orange juice will drop 4.7 percent to $5.94, down from the 2011-12 record high of $6.23 per gallon. The price drop should juice OJ sales for the season by 6 percent, he said.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-24 "Never before have we seen the consequences of climate change as in recent years"
- 2022-01-24 Tunisian citrus exports down 46.3%
- 2022-01-24 "There are going to be two clear categories of Nadorcott and Tango mandarins"
- 2022-01-21 Florida heading for smallest orange crop in over 75 years
- 2022-01-21 Improving food safety practices to safeguard exports
- 2022-01-21 Griffith area: Citrus crops decimated by severe hailstorm
- 2022-01-21 Orri mandarin continues to stand out for another year
- 2022-01-21 Uzbekistan imported record volume of oranges in 2021
- 2022-01-21 Calabrian Common clementines available until the end of January
- 2022-01-21 “An attractive display, high in vitamins!”
- 2022-01-20 Putting it all on citrus
- 2022-01-20 "The difficulties of the Navelina are already being transferred to the rest of the orange varieties"
- 2022-01-20 Tunisia started exports of Maltese oranges to Marseille
- 2022-01-20 Small businesses the most affected by price increases
- 2022-01-20 "Chinese lemons suffer competition from Turkey and Egypt this season"
- 2022-01-20 China: Tangerines falling both in volume and price
- 2022-01-20 "We want to revive the consumption of white pomelos in France!"
- 2022-01-19 Egypt opens new export season of Valencia oranges
- 2022-01-19 Brussels leaves the control on South African citrus imports demanded by Spain hanging in the air
- 2022-01-19 Promotional campaigns that are practically below cost should stop