- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW STRAWBERRIES
- Reemoon introduces a world-first smart system to South African packhouses
- Honduras import melon season underway
- Kenyan avocado exporters given four days to seek clearance ahead of ban
- "If you can guarantee quality throughout the chain, you significantly reduce food waste"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
'Huge need' for Fiji to sell ginger to Australia
"The mature ginger needs to be sent fresh to overseas markets and to do this there is a risk of the insects going through," he acknowledged. "[But] that is why Fiji is revising our biosecurity protocol - so that the risk that's there is eliminated locally before it's being exported." The Australian inquiry is being led by the Rural and Regional Affairs committee, which is presided over by six Australian senators, to give a chance for stakeholders to share their views on policy and legislation.
The senate inquiry will then produce a report based on its findings, due on November 29. Aside from fearing pest infestations, local farmers have raised concerns cheap foreign imports will undercut local growers' prices. "At the moment, it's more a competition thing between Australian growers and Fiji," says Mr Yaya. But he says for many Fijian farmers, exporting crops to Australia is their only option. "There is a huge need for Fiji farmers to sell their mature ginger and we don't have that market locally," he said. "So the only option for us is to export to Australia."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 68% of the Peruvian avocado exported was sent to the Netherlands, the US, Spain, and Chile
- 2022-01-21 Kenyan avocado exporters given four days to seek clearance ahead of ban
- 2022-01-21 Sicily, land of truffles
- 2022-01-20 Clonal trees to help service the increasing demand for avocados
- 2022-01-20 "We prune our kiwi fruit vines four times a year"
- 2022-01-20 Improved refrigeration technology helps export of Taitung custard apples
- 2022-01-20 "We expect to increase our production by more than 300% in the next three years"
- 2022-01-20 Kiwi becomes the protagonist in Asia
- 2022-01-20 Cambodia: Mango exports up 146 percent to 265,000 tons in 2021
- 2022-01-20 Hass avocado to complement sugarcane in Busoga, Uganda
- 2022-01-20 New avocado plantations in Apulia covered by hail nets
- 2022-01-20 First vegan textile from persimmon and replacement for animal leather
- 2022-01-20 Garlic prices at five-year low in Navi Mumbai
- 2022-01-19 Australian Honey Gold mango production still on track despite recent disruptions
- 2022-01-19 "Impairment of the catering industry is extremely noticeable in the exotics business"
- 2022-01-19 Pineapple farmers call for police protection against landguards and real estate developers
- 2022-01-19 Green jujubes from Pingtung shipped to Dubai
- 2022-01-19 Dragon fruit prices dropping as exports to China diminish
- 2022-01-19 Taiwan imposes ban on frozen custard apples from China
- 2022-01-19 "Some Chinese retailers reserve their best shelves for cherries, and that has an impact on avocado sales"