- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- “More than 7,000 cherry containers are coming to Hong Kong port; slow custom clearance is a problem”
- Vertically integrated berry producer launches in Ontario
- Giant capsicums appearing in Australian supermarkets
- How did cherry trees in North Okanagan weather the recent freeze?
- "Sweet potato demand bound to rise"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Mann Packing encourages end of black tray
The company decided to redesign the platters after conducting research into what consumers want in fresh item packaging, said Christine Keller, director of marketing and innovation.
Mann found that 92 percent of consumers asked said they did not use the black trays for serving as intended (even when instructions prompt them to do so). When told about the positive impact removing the trays would have on the environment, the same 92 percent said they would be happy without the black trays.
If all the vegetable trays in the fresh produce industry removed this packaging feature, it would reduce the amount of plastic that goes into landfills by more than 2 million pounds annually, Keller said.
“We are excited about our sleeker design with fresh graphics and easy peel tab,” Keller said. “The new tray has 38 percent less packaging than our previous tray and up to 50 percent less packaging than other trays on the market. You can also see 50 percent more of the product by removing the solid black packaging - which is important to consumers.”
For more information:
Tel: +1 831 775 3761
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-20 "Lead times for material procurement have become significantly longer"
- 2022-01-20 German importer urges Sri Lankan agro exporters to practice superior packaging
- 2022-01-14 “Our linerless Fruit Lid can help brand owners tackle the problems associated with single use plastic
- 2022-01-14 "We recommend that companies start thinking ecologically at an early stage"
- 2022-01-13 It’s official: Cartonboard can be recycled at least 25 times
- 2022-01-13 A behind-the-scenes look at a Dutch company's packaging department
- 2022-01-12 Belgian company's packaging gets second chances
- 2022-01-11 "We're currently the only packing company in Europe packaging Brussels sprouts in paper"
- 2022-01-07 Papyrus Egypt turns to banana fibre food packaging
- 2022-01-06 "Batching, primary packaging and secondary packaging from a single source"
- 2022-01-06 "We see potential for our cardboard trays on the Polish market"
- 2022-01-05 Packaging: Fruit and vegetable sector still at a dead end
- 2022-01-04 New label for genetically modified food products has now come into effect
- 2022-01-03 Scientists from Singapore and US develop bacteria-killing packaging
- 2021-12-24 The demand for unpacked products is increasing in European markets
- 2021-12-23 Australian fruit and veg pallet wrapping solution wins major international awards
- 2021-12-22 Linen yarn, a new material for sustainable packaging
- 2021-12-21 New multifunctional paper tray line and new solution for sealing and labeling
- 2021-12-21 Freshfel Europe asks for more time and flexibility for new French plastic packaging legislation
- 2021-12-20 Primaflor is the first company to use IV-Range compostable plastic-free salad bags