- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW MANGOES
- “By investing in the farm, we have more control of how things are done"
- "Having introduced the conventional bananas now in Sweden we are looking to introduce our brand into Europe”
- The popularity of a unique exotic fruit set to soar in Australia in coming seasons
- PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
South Africa: Prima eliminates farming puzzles
Precision farming entails the identification, analysis and management of intra-field variations in order to optimize outputs and at the same time conserve sources. When precision farming is practised, agriculturists make use of technologically advanced practices to collect data and information on a farm.
Farmsecure Agri Science offers a holistic service, including scientific agricultural advice, consultation, technical services, irrigation and innovative technology, to farmers. In addition to providing their technical, crop and product knowledge, these experts also add value by applying their experience to each facet of the crop cycle – from soil to shelf. Farmsecure Agri Science believes that this holistic expert service only achieves its full potential if the services are offered in a co-ordinated manner by the crop working group, rather than by an individual with a general outlook.
PRIMA, a precision farming service offering of Farmsecure Agri Science, therefore does not stand on its own – it combines the knowledge of the largest agricultural expert team in Africa with leading agricultural technology to optimize yield, mitigate risk and maximize profit. Practices that are used by the PRIMA team to collect information include:
• Nutrient analysis of the soil
• Physical analysis of the soil
• Soil use planning
• Risk profiling with the aid of remote-sensing technology, including NDVI scanning
Soil, crop and climate terrain information are interpreted by experts, after which specialised services are offered. On the basis of the unique farm profile, adjustments can be made to soil preparation, establishment actions, irrigation, crop placement, drainage, fertilization, crop nutrition, planting procedures, and so forth.
With the support of more than 140 agronomists, horticulturalists, soil scientists and experts on a variety of crops, the company has specialised knowledge and experience at its disposal; this places it in a prime position to offer more than precision.
These specialised services support the farmer throughout the crop cycle – from soil to shelf. Realise your farm’s full potential with PRIMA, more than precision.
For more information:
Farmsecure Agri Science
Tel. +27 21 974 1900
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-14 Trading update for Q4 and full year 2021
- 2022-01-14 Christine Behr appointed as Chief Sales Officer
- 2022-01-14 Machine order from Kurdistan actually human trafficking front
- 2022-01-14 Mission veteran SVP of sales and marketing retires
- 2022-01-14 APH Group acquires Agri 2.0 and continues growth in Russia and Ukraine
- 2022-01-14 Bolthouse Farms new immunity beverages provide a daily dose of immunity support
- 2022-01-13 The importance of mineral nutrition in plants' tolerance to diseases
- 2022-01-13 Pete Pappas & Sons welcomes new GM
- 2022-01-13 Dole seeks acquisitions to grow produce supply
- 2022-01-12 Akorn receives EU approval for its edible coatings for fresh fruit shelf-life extension
- 2022-01-12 "Joining forces allows us to supply figs year-round"
- 2022-01-12 2021 surpasses 2020 produce sales in dollars but volume didn’t hold the line
- 2022-01-12 New Northeast distribution center for avocado supplier
- 2022-01-12 AgDevCo attracts local investor to grow food crops in the Babator irrigated farming-hub
- 2022-01-12 Zeder sells stake in The Logistics Group
- 2022-01-12 M&S appoint Monaghan as new plant kitchen supplier
- 2022-01-12 LondonMetric Property Plc announces acquisition of cold storage and logistics warehouse development
- 2022-01-12 Swedish agtech raises €16,6 million to expand endeavors in Europe
- 2022-01-12 Abu Dhabi-based tech company Silal appoints Salmeen Obaid Alameri as CEO
- 2022-01-12 Port of LA applauds governor Newsom's plan to invest $2.3 bln in California ports