- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW MANGOES
- “By investing in the farm, we have more control of how things are done"
- "Having introduced the conventional bananas now in Sweden we are looking to introduce our brand into Europe”
- The popularity of a unique exotic fruit set to soar in Australia in coming seasons
- PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Carrefour said to weigh Turkish combination with Migros
The talks are in very early stages and the combination is one of several options Carrefour is exploring for its Turkish operations, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the discussions are confidential. Carrefour has not made a decision about its strategy in Turkey, a person said.
The French retailer is reviewing its businesses in countries where it can’t reach a leadership position, as new Chief Executive Officer Georges Plassat seeks to generate cash and reduce debt after four years of declining operating income.
A combination between Carrefour and Sabanci’s joint venture and Migros would create the largest retailer in Turkey. Carrefour’s Turkish unit has a market capitalization of 1.9 billion Turkish lira ($1 billion), while Migros has a market capitalization of 3.3 billion lira.
Carrefour operates its Turkish division through CarrefourSa Carrefour Sabanci Ticaret Merkezi AS (CARFA), which owns 58 percent of a joint venture with Haci Omer Sabanci Holding AS. (SAHOL)
A spokeswoman for BC declined to comment. Officials at Sabanci were not available for comment. A spokesman for Carrefour declined to comment immediately.
Sabanci may attempt to buy Carrefour out of its Turkish business, Erste Bank AG (EBS) analysts wrote in a note this month. The Turkish company hired Rothschild to review its strategic options for the venture and expects to complete a deal this year, CEO Zafer Kurtul said in February.
Right of Refusal
Both Carrefour and Sabanci have the right of first refusal if the other seeks to sell its part of the business, one person with knowledge of the situation said.
BC Partners, a London-based private equity firm, bought a controlling stake in Migros, based in Istanbul, in 2008, in a transaction valuing Migros at 2 billion euros including debt, according to the firm’s website.
Typically, private equity firms such as BC hold assets for three to five years before selling them.
Carrefour, based in the Paris suburb of Boulogne- Billancourt, announced plans in August to exit Singapore by the end of the year and paid 220 million euros ($235 million) to leave Greece. It has also put Poland and Indonesia under review for possible sales.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-14 Jerónimo Martins surpassed the €20bln sales milestone
- 2022-01-14 Trigo tests frictionless stores for Wakefern Food Corp.
- 2022-01-13 Tesco raised its profit outlook for the 2nd time in 4 months
- 2022-01-13 Kroger and Nuro: Expanded collaboration
- 2022-01-12 Carrefour makes a new attempt to get a foothold in Greece
- 2022-01-12 Albertsons: Robust gains in net and identical sales in Q3
- 2022-01-11 JD.com opened 2 robotic shops “ochama” in the Netherlands
- 2022-01-11 PCC Community Markets and Shipt have joined forces
- 2022-01-10 Aldi UK: Best ever Christmas
- 2022-01-10 Ralphs and Kitchen United MIX: Opening of 1st location
- 2022-01-07 Seven Fresh plans to open 12 more stores in southern China in 2022
- 2022-01-07 Walmart and FedEx sign deals for thousands of new BrightDrop electric vans
- 2022-01-06 Auchan is exploring a fresh attempt at a takeover of domestic rival Carrefour SA - sources
- 2022-01-06 Costco: December sales results
- 2022-01-05 Aeon eyes 100 compact supermarket stores in Vietnam
- 2022-01-05 Walmart will expand the availability of its InHome delivery service to 30mln households
- 2022-01-04 Saker ShopRites has purchased Perlmart
- 2022-01-04 Jumbo will collaborate with Gorillas
- 2022-01-03 The Mestdagh Group is ending its exclusive partnership with Carrefour
- 2022-01-03 Walmart scored 25.4% of all click-and-collect orders in 2021