- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Trellising in avocado orchards is “pushing the boundaries of production"
- The avocado industry has been going through a "golden era"
Tokita developing seeds for Middle East market
The Japanese company, as well as supplying the Chinese and European markets is also active in the Middle East, with distributors in different regions. Seeds sold in the Middle East include cabbage, cauliflower, watermelon and cucumber. The large flat head cabbage called Oriental Super Cross is very common in the Middle East because the large leaves can be used to wrap meats and other vegetables. Tokita are busy promoting new high quality cucumber varieties such as the Beit Alpha type. The main markets are in Syria, Jordan, Iraq and Iran.
Tokita's products are developed with a big focus on environmental conditions. One advantage they have is that Japan and Middle Eastern countries are situated on similar latitudes making the seeds suitable for this market.
Research and development for the Middle East has been stepped up in the last five years so new varieties have been created specifically for this region.
For more information:
Tokita Seed Co., Ltd.
Tel: +81 (0)48 686 7235
Mob: +81 (0)90 5190 5577
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2013-11-29 Medjool dates from Israel proving to be 'foodie' favourite
- 2013-11-25 Israel turns to easy-peelers for citrus advantage
- 2013-11-21 Volcani Institute post-harvest innovations help Israeli growers
- 2013-11-18 Dubai vegetable and fruit trade sees 19% growth in first half of 2013
- 2013-11-15 Israeli exporters must find niche
- 2013-11-14 Ben Dor develops varieties with which to compete
- 2013-11-13 Galilee Export leverages power of growers to benefit growers
- 2013-11-12 Israeli citrus market starts to pick up
- 2013-11-06 Israel: Bless SR ships herbs east, looks west
- 2013-11-05 Gezer Shallit finds advantage in fresh carrots
- 2013-11-04 Israel: Microgreen grower 2BFresh to break open worldwide market
- 2013-11-01 Israel: Mor International covers gaps in persimmon season
- 2012-03-29 Pakistan: Imtiaz Enterprises awarded by USAID
- 2012-03-29 Israel: Mehadrin anticipates good season for Orri, Shamouti
- 2012-03-28 AgriJordan creating economic growth
- 2012-03-27 PICO to increase strawberry production 40%
- 2012-03-22 Israel: Orly to spread popularity of cactus
- 2012-03-21 Israel: Early rains affects Sharon fruit
- 2012-03-21 Israel: Improvement in organic compliance
- 2012-03-20 Tokita developing seeds for Middle East market