- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Minneola volume smaller
Best Israeli grapefruit season in years
“Even now you can sell grapefruit at reasonable prices. Last season there was a gap on the market, because South Africa had already left the market. But once Turkey and Spain entered the market, it completely collapsed, and we had no chance at all.” That is not the case this year. The smaller volume has resulted in decent prices for Israeli grapefruit. They decreased somewhat when European grapefruit entered the market, but for the first time in years, cultivators are considering planting more grapefruit trees. “It is too early to jump to conclusions, but it is definitely already better than in the past four or five years.”
Minneola always does well around Christmas
“We always try to start the minneola season as early as possible, to ensure good prices before the Christmas period starts,” Ziv continues. The early minneola started at the end of November, beginning of December. “You always run the risk of losing a percentage due to degreening, and this also means you have to ship the fruit sooner. However, this is nothing new. With minneola, we focus mainly on the Dutch and Belgian markets, and on the French market to a smaller extent.” The Israeli quantity of minneola is no longer increasing, and the volume is becoming smaller.
Orri has promising harvest
“The weather has been moderate so far, and quality looks promising as a result. However, we will have to wait and see how the market will absorb this volume.” Many exporters are trying to find markets in North America, rather than just focus on Europe, to spread the risks. But the large harvest is looking very promising.
All citrus seasons in Israel started about one or two weeks earlier, because of the weather. Although volumes are slightly smaller, prices are good. However, many exporters are looking for dollar markets, because the dollar is stronger compared to the weak euro. All in all, the citrus situation in Israel is looking very well this year.
For more information:
BeFresh Europe Ltd.
Tel: +972 4 6191736
Fax: +972 4 672 5001
Mob: +972 52 325 2464
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-17 Pakistan: This year’s production of red blood oranges down in Khanpur
- 2022-01-17 'Coordinated HLB treatment is essential in California'
- 2022-01-17 "There is a higher demand for clementines than we are able to meet"
- 2022-01-17 "The record number of rejections in 2021 and the EFSA report should force Brussels to impose cold treatment on citrus imports"
- 2022-01-17 "As long as Florida's grapefruit production is limited, Spanish and South African grapefruit will be able to coexist"
- 2022-01-17 It's still a difficult campaign for Andalusia's oranges and lemons
- 2022-01-17 “The demand for Italian citrus fruits is growing in France”
- 2022-01-17 Kenya considers imports of Pakistani kinnows and mangoes
- 2022-01-14 The organic Nadorcott and Tango mandarin campaign starts with greater supply and prices under pressure
- 2022-01-14 Three citrus farm labor contractors pay $76,000 in back wages and penalties
- 2022-01-14 January USDA citrus forecast projects fewer Florida oranges
- 2022-01-14 Italian Common clementines have one more month of sales left
- 2022-01-13 This is how the latest weather conditions have affected Andalusian citrus
- 2022-01-13 China is the fourth largest market for Egyptian citrus
- 2022-01-13 France: A good season for the Corsican clementines
- 2022-01-13 Some imported lemons arriving on NZ supermarket shelves
- 2022-01-12 "Spanish mandarin season ends far worse than expected; cauliflower market improving"
- 2022-01-12 "Branded and organic products are appealing to a growing number of consumers"
- 2022-01-12 There have been 23 health alerts for Turkish grapefruit shipments exceeding the MRLs in this campaign
- 2022-01-12 "The quality of the oranges is excellent both in terms of juice, sugar content and taste"