- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- “More than 7,000 cherry containers are coming to Hong Kong port; slow custom clearance is a problem”
- Vertically integrated berry producer launches in Ontario
- Giant capsicums appearing in Australian supermarkets
- How did cherry trees in North Okanagan weather the recent freeze?
- "Sweet potato demand bound to rise"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"Colombia: "Strawberry production grows 20% a year"
"Right now, strawberry production is within the normal range and remains constant, something that is very positive for our domestic supply, which has increased significantly in recent years. Although the economy has grown, our strawberry prices continue to generate a diminishing return per kilo for producers, but that has made the fruit accessible to almost the entire population, "said Carolina Vargas, from Kabala.
As a result of the low prices, demand has increased, which has benefited producers, who continue to see this crop as profitable for domestic consumption. With this great capacity the next step is exports. Vargas said that many producers have thought, "Well, export is complicated because of the lack of support and knowledge regarding international requirements". So the next thing the authorities will have to work on is to support these types of Colombian initiatives.
Kabala is a strawberry plant trading company and has the only certified and authorized nurseries to produce the plant nationally. Its main objective is to disseminate information and support farmers with new technologies, in order to boost agricultural development and narrow Colombia's technology gap compared to agricultural practices implemented by other countries. For this reason they have built a demonstration field where they have the latest technologies for this crop. Here they will train farmers so they can begin to export.
For more information:
T: +57 310 2538394
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-20 Celebrity chef promotes Pazazz® apples for National Cancer Prevention month
- 2022-01-20 Strawberry supplies increasing again
- 2022-01-20 How did cherry trees in North Okanagan weather the recent freeze?
- 2022-01-20 What are the latest trends in raspberries?
- 2022-01-20 South African pears to benefit from empty European & UK markets
- 2022-01-20 "The high light levels are producing great quality and good availability which will last for a couple of weeks"
- 2022-01-20 “2021 was a good year for Polish apples”
- 2022-01-20 Peru was the main blueberry supplier to the US in 2021
- 2022-01-20 In November, grapes surpassed blueberries as most exported Peruvian fruit
- 2022-01-20 2021: Serbia and Croatia leave Ukraine behind in terms of apple exports to Singapore
- 2022-01-20 "Mini watermelon varieties have not been in high demand so far and we don't know if this will change during the campaign"
- 2022-01-20 “More than 7,000 cherry containers are coming to Hong Kong port; slow custom clearance is a problem”
- 2022-01-19 Apple markets building strength as supplies are dwindling rapidly
- 2022-01-19 Envy apples launches new Valentine’s Day movie promotion
- 2022-01-19 “The Turkish Lira/USD exchange rate helped us to be aggressive while exporting”
- 2022-01-19 La Grande Bellezza Italiana supplies grapes and apples at a pre-established price
- 2022-01-19 Brazilian watermelon exports ended 2021 at a good rate
- 2022-01-19 State of Paraná starts grape harvest
- 2022-01-19 Egypt plans to import more fruits from Kenya
- 2022-01-19 France: Ardèche producers worried about the future of the cherry sector