- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
China: Gannan navel oranges achieve highest ever prices
Deng Xiuxin, chief scientist of the national institution for technologies in the citrus business, comments: "The Chinese output of citrus fruits this year is expected to be 20% lower than that of 2015. The domestic production of navel oranges is likely to be reduced by 25% over the same period, but for the Gannang navel oranges, forecasts indicate a lost production of 30-40%. Because of this, there's a short supply on the market for citrus fruits. Adding up the soaring prices at the end of 2015's season, many fruit farmers have high hopes for this year's price for citrus fruits: they hope for a smaller output but with higher prices."
Currently, the plantation for Gannan navel oranges has an area of 105 hectares (1 050 000 mu). Last year, the gross output value for the complete navel orange producing industry in Ganzhou city was 1,43 million EUR (10,5 billion RMB), of which the output value for fresh fruits was 791 thousand EUR (5,8 billion RMB). 250 000 plantations and 700 000 fruit farmers benefited from this. The value for Gannang navel oranges in 2015 accounted for 8,97 billion EUR (65,78 billion RMB). The prices for products originating from the primary agricultural industry in those trademark regions are on top of the list in China.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-27 Spanish lemon season starts with a delay in fruit sizing due to drought
- 2022-09-27 Croatia: Mandarin harvest gets going, but yields are low
- 2022-09-27 Tight citrus supplies and high pricing until new crop kicks off
- 2022-09-27 "The demand for Satsumas exceeds the supply at the moment"
- 2022-09-27 Botswana citrus growers join the Citrus Growers’ Association of Southern Africa
- 2022-09-27 Australia exported record $20.4 million of citrus to Vietnam in 2020–21
- 2022-09-26 'Vietnamese pomelos have a large export potential'
- 2022-09-26 Florida grower hopes it will be a better citrus season
- 2022-09-23 Researchers make progress on breeding citrus canker-resistant plants
- 2022-09-23 "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- 2022-09-22 Citrus growers offered new program to combat citrus greening
- 2022-09-22 Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- 2022-09-22 "Dismal summer for lemons; robust tourist season boosted lime sales"
- 2022-09-22 Brazil: Insect-borne bacteria forces citrus growers to cut down trees
- 2022-09-22 Lemons are expensive in Navi Mumbai
- 2022-09-21 Strengthening pricing on tighter lemon supplies
- 2022-09-21 Clemenules campaign kicks off with prices of up to 0.37 euros per kilo, but runaway expenses
- 2022-09-21 The World Citrus Organisation invites the citrus community to citrus events in Madrid
- 2022-09-20 Spain doesn't export much lemon outside the EU
- 2022-09-20 First Spanish Filosofo mandarins arrive in the Netherlands