- Orchard Programmes Regional Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Packaging Supervisor - Mumbai, India
- Farm Manager - Czech Republic
- Citrus Agronomist - Can Tho, Vietnam
- Fresh Produce Trader - Den Haag, Netherlands
- Sales manager Europe
- Sales Representative - Northern Lower Michigan, USA
- Sales Representative - Florida, USA
- Business Development Manager Grapes, Citrus and Mangoes - Maasdijk, The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower’s Assistant - Hawaii, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
How to protect watermelons from heat and solar radiation
Deccoshield protects both fruit and the plant from excessive sun. Its formulation is based on a micronized calcium carbonate and is certified for use in organic farming by SOHISCERT.
How does Deccoshield melon and watermelon work?
Deccoshield is formulated to maximize the diffusion of light and thus absorb the minimum amount within the UV spectrum. The diffused light avoids heat stress by decreasing the temperature of the plant between 4 and 6 ºC, however the leaves receive the necessary radiation to perform photosynthesis thanks to the micronized particles. The temperature of the leaves depends to a great extent on the light, which is why Deccoshield absorbs, reflects and transmits the solar rays maximizing the protection and health of the plant.
Advantages of Deccoshield
Heat damage is estimated to affect 40% of the production of melons and watermelons. Deccoshield prevents sunburn, stops the plant withering and improves the homogeneity and the quality of the fruit, thus increasing the profitability of the production of melons and watermelons.
In addition, when the crop is healthy, resistance against mildew and powdery mildew is improved and Deccoshield’s application is a physical barrier that reduces insect attacks.
The formulation of Deccoshield is liquid which facilitates its use and application in the field and is fast drying thus resisting regular rainfall. The elimination of the product is simple with conventional cleaning operations usually used in warehouses. Finally, Deccoshield increases the postharvest life of melons and watermelons, helping to mitigate food waste.
Deccoshield has proven its effectiveness on fruit as varied as: early citrus, grape, pear, apple, melon, avocado, pomegranate, olive, plums, pumpkins and tomatoes. If you need more information do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to answer any questions.
For more information:
Villa de Madrid, 54
46988 PI Fuente del Jarro
+34 663 239 423
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-02-14 US farmers using drones to check crop health and increase profits
- 2019-02-14 Malaysian company uses stickers to keep fruits fresh
- 2019-02-12 Italy wins in Germany thanks to the red kiwi by Jingold
- 2019-02-12 Colruyt develops an audio shopping list
- 2019-02-08 Edible biomaterial coating for fresh produce to reduce food waste
- 2019-02-07 Maersk to introduce a virtual assistant
- 2019-02-06 New fresh produce wash water purification eliminates nearly 100% of bacteria, pesticides, spores and moulds
- 2019-02-04 "Making plastic from sewerage sludge"
- 2019-02-01 Researchers identify the genes that make plants resistant to Albugo candida
- 2019-01-31 AgroFresh will showcase Tecnidex portfolioand postharvest freshness solutions
- 2019-01-31 Innovative tool hits international stage
- 2019-01-29 Answering questions never answered before
- 2019-01-29 Fruit Logistica a seedbed for innovation and partnerships
- 2019-01-29 "Supermarkets will become 'touchpoints'"
- 2019-01-25 Interspar and ÖBB start cooperation
- 2019-01-25 The importance of light for quality fruit farming
- 2019-01-24 Carrefour Italia is using blockchain technology for citrus fruits
- 2019-01-24 The anticholinergic effect of Actinidia arguta fruits
- 2019-01-24 Israeli app picks out bad apples
- 2019-01-24 Conference brings international robotics experts to UK horticulture