- Looking for an opportunity in India
- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Farm manager / Senior grower seeking for his next role
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Vietnam: Vegetables and fruits among key export items
‘The first month [of the Lunar Year] is a time for play’ is a well-known Asian saying. It is, however, no longer true in the global era. Within seven days of the New Year, Vietnamese enterprises exported $289 million worth of products, up by 50 percent, and imported $604 million, up by 45.7 percent compared with last year.
Vegetables and fruits were among the key export items with a growth rate of 35.6 percent, a significant achievement when keeping in mind that six out of nine farm and seafood export products have seen an export turnover decline.
Vietnam’s fruits entered particularly choosy markets, the result of efforts to focus on quality improvement and high added-value exports instead of trying to export as much as possible.
English.vietnamnet.vn reports that the fastest-growing export products are industrial and manufacturing products with much higher values than fruit and veg, with a turnover accounting for 83.3 percent of the total export turnover in the first quarter.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-04-06 Local, seasonal, and organic produce: Consumer trends
- 2020-04-06 Strong rise of zucchini, potato and citrus prices in Spain
- 2020-04-06 Local Food Revolution goes online in the US - for now
- 2020-04-06 Bangladesh: Jashore farmers hit by dropping vegetable prices
- 2020-04-06 Turkey: Agri-exports have gone up in March
- 2020-04-06 Iran-EAEU trade hits $1.4 billion in five months
- 2020-04-03 How long will the current rapid demand for fruit and vegetables last?
- 2020-04-03 Afghanistan: Trucks await entry at Nimroz - Kandahar customs
- 2020-04-03 UAE competing globally with 70 types of fruits and vegetables
- 2020-04-03 Smart farming to push Lebanese agricultural exports
- 2020-04-03 Sri Lanka to ban all non-essential imports
- 2020-04-03 Israeli farmers donate vegetables for Passover
- 2020-04-03 How can you help City Harvest address the Covid-19 challenge?
- 2020-04-03 Uzbekistan continues fruit and vegetable exports to Tajikistan
- 2020-04-02 Belarus bans export of various staple foods
- 2020-04-02 Dominican Republic: Air freight fruit and vegetable exports to US booming
- 2020-04-02 Produce wholesalers Los Angeles see a 90% drop in sales
- 2020-04-02 New Zealand growers forced to dump vegetable crops due to lockdown
- 2020-04-02 Reduced exports increase domestic citrus supply and cause downward price pressure
- 2020-04-02 SPC Ardmona claims it’s running out of tomatoes due to panic buying