- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Washington Apple Commission on Chinese tariffs
“We naturally see our shipments drop off about this time of year,” said Washington Apple Commission President Todd Fryhover. “Most of the people I spoke to just last week when I was in Shanghai were going to continue to ship.” As of April 1, the total fresh crop was 135.3 million boxes with 79.7 million sold.
Ifiberone.com describes how the Washington Apple Commission - that doesn’t really look at pricing - is advocating for retailers and consumers in China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, India, Western Europe, Mexico, South America, Central America, Canada and the Middle East to purchase their crop.
“It’s not about shipment,” said Fryhover. “It’s about making sure the product quality is very good before you get it there.” China’s zero-decay tolerance creates a heftier protocol for shippers and packers which means that the pricing in the marketplace is already quite good for local growers.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Southern Italy: Intensive apple farming
- 2018-12-18 Fyffes subsidiary decertified due to labor rights violations in Honduras
- 2018-12-18 Argentina: Five keys to understanding the 2019 fruit season
- 2018-12-17 International Atomic Energy Agency helps protect Ecuador’s valuable fruits
- 2018-12-17 Chile: Starting peak shipments of blueberries
- 2018-12-17 Argentina: Majority of blueberry export for US market
- 2018-12-14 China: Price "explosion" for cherries
- 2018-12-13 "We are very much focused on the online trade in convenience products"
- 2018-12-12 Rwanda: NAEB starts fruit project to shore up exports
- 2018-12-12 Italy: Cocktail Plum, a very successful tomato
- 2018-12-12 Congo: Kiwi for 14 euros/kg
- 2018-12-11 Poland: Official study on changes taking place in apple growing sector
- 2018-12-11 High demand for European apples in China
- 2018-12-11 South African fruit industry expansion shows faith in the future
- 2018-12-07 Italy: Successful partnership between Apofruit Italia and Società Frutticoltori Trento
- 2018-12-06 "Limited impact of hail on Chilean berry season"
- 2018-12-04 “We invested in new varieties and IQ optical sourcing lines”
- 2018-12-03 Chile: “We expect good volumes for Chilean cherry export”
- 2018-12-03 South Africa: Electricity cuts a great irritation to fruit industry
- 2018-11-29 What kinds of fruit do Taiwanese customers like to eat?