- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Hamburg: Salad cultivation keeps growing
74 farms - the majority - grew vegetables in the field. The acreage for this rose by 6 percent to 471 ha, compared to 2016. The harvest yield of all types of vegetables in the field amounted to 8,600 tonnes.
In the Elbe metropolis, mainly leafy and stemmed vegetables are produced on the outdoor areas. Salad acreage increased by 4% to 311 ha in 2017. The most important types of lettuce were lollo salads with 124 ha (previous year: 107 ha) and rocket with 102 ha (previous year: 92 ha). As in the previous year, the proportion of outdoor vegetable cultivation areas worked along organic guidelines is just under 25 ha, or 5%.
Vegetable cultivation under walk-in film tunnels and greenhouses (so-called high walk-in protective covers) covered 39 ha, by 70 farming companies. Compared to the previous year, the cultivated area fell by 22 percent, while the number of farms remained virtually unchanged. Here, as in the outdoor area, mainly salads were produced on just under 17 ha (previous year: 23 ha). Other important crops were tomatoes with a good 6 hectares and cucumbers with around 7 hectares.
More information and results on the cultivation and harvest of vegetables in Hamburg can be found on the homepage of the Statistikamt Nord.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Italy: Dehydrated garlic, gentler smell but stronger taste
- 2018-12-14 Marcel van der Pluijm starts Feeling Fresh
- 2018-12-14 Paraguay: A new variety of cabbage offers advantages to producers
- 2018-12-14 Italy: Unusual November heatwave compromised mushroom production
- 2018-12-14 Squash fruits in South Africa: First report of soft rot
- 2018-12-14 Pink garlic from Billom on the Unesco Intangible Heritage List
- 2018-12-14 China: Demand for organic sweet potato exceeds supply
- 2018-12-13 "Stable export of freshly frozen peppers to Korea"
- 2018-12-13 China garlic market analysis: Reduced surface area gives hope for price rise in 2019
- 2018-12-13 Spain: Vega Baja artichoke campaign starts with some delay
- 2018-12-13 US Retail managers: Lettuce is back, but at higher prices
- 2018-12-13 Comparison between open field and greenhouse tomatoes
- 2018-12-13 UK carrot trade better than expected
- 2018-12-13 Philippines: Iloilo City wants to replicate Chinese mushroom technology
- 2018-12-13 China: "Yunnan Vegetables" sell in more than 40 countries
- 2018-12-13 China: Bok choy price recovers as weather turns colder
- 2018-12-13 New US mushroom meat alternative: 'Pulled port'
- 2018-12-13 Delicata market developing in North America
- 2018-12-12 "Shimeji has great potential, but substrate production is very sensitive"
- 2018-12-12 Biostimulants improve the nutritional value of iceberg lettuce