- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- More sustainable packaging for Rockit mini-apple
- Chile: US retail begins to demand blockchain technology
- UK: Short supply creates "incredible" demand for sweet potatoes
- "The Paris basin is experiencing significant problems in terms of supply and quality"
- Improved weather conditions for Mexico blackberry season
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK fruit farmer granted Freedom of the City of London
Last week he travelled to London to receive the honorary freedom of the city and is due to become a Liveryman of the company in June. Mr Snell said it was a great honour and added: "I like it because I can represent Herefordshire and the Midlands and promote the fruit industry and Herefordshire.
"In Herefordshire we produce 50 percent of all horticultural produce from the whole of the West Midlands. The county is a very important part in the production of fruit and veg."
Herefordtimes.com tells us how Mr Snell farms about 450 acres in partnership with his wife Christine. Their crops include strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and blackcurrants for supermarket retail, frozen individually quick-frozen retail and processing.
The farm produces more than 1,000 tonnes of strawberries, 300 tonnes of raspberries, and 800 tonnes of blackcurrants, with packing, freezing and processing facilities on site in the centre of production.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-07 Spain: Guardia Civil intercepts 1,335 kilos of hashish
- 2018-12-07 Ringing in the Holiday season
- 2018-12-07 For the time being, no free trade negotiations between Switzerland and the USA
- 2018-12-07 FPAA applauds bipartisan entry ports senate bill
- 2018-12-07 Australia tries to break down non-tariff barriers to export markets
- 2018-12-07 France: Cabinet delays raising food prices for farmers after protests
- 2018-12-07 Where in Europe will climate change hit the hardest?
- 2018-12-07 French consumption habits change after yellow vests demos
- 2018-12-07 Chile decrees agricultural emergency zone in 10 communes of O'Higgins
- 2018-12-07 Truck spills fruit during harrowing stunt
- 2018-12-06 UK Experts: ‘There should be more thought for post-Brexit farming’
- 2018-12-06 Massive rodents pose great danger to California's agriculture
- 2018-12-06 “French farm sector review to be implemented early next year”
- 2018-12-06 List of Vietnamese orchards and packagers registered for export to China
- 2018-12-06 Spain: 55 million Euro to guarantee the water supply in Murcia
- 2018-12-06 What people keep in their refrigerators - in 20 countries around the world
- 2018-12-05 Norway signs US$ 3 million deal with WFP to support Tanzanian farmers
- 2018-12-05 Angola sets new rules for import of 54 products
- 2018-12-05 Digital newcomers out to disrupt South African banking
- 2018-12-05 Canada: 18,000 seasonal workers to head home as Ontario harvest draws to a close