- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Taiwan officials take measures to boost vegetable trade
The city’s fruit and vegetable wholesale markets closed from February 16 to 20 for the Lunar New Year holiday and from February 24 to 26 for the nativity of the King of Heaven. When they reopened on the 27th, media reported vegetable stockpiles and collapsed prices.
Making matters worse, the markets again closed yesterday to reopen only tomorrow for the Lantern Festival, celebrated on the 15th day of the lunar year.
It is unprecedented that the city’s wholesale markets were closed for two three-day periods over such a short period, in addition to the Lunar New Year holiday, Chen said, adding that the decision was made by the Taipei Market Administration Office.
Taipeitimes.com reports on a surging demand for vegetables in Japan, following bad weather that has affected harvests, the agency has exported 1,100 tonnes of vegetables to that country. An additional 2,300 tonnes are to be exported at a later date.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 New York Produce Show attracts good crowd
- 2018-12-14 AU: Queensland and Western Australian state governments to help expand horticulture opportunities
- 2018-12-14 "The euphoria over snack vegetables has given way to reality"
- 2018-12-14 "Strikes in France are harming customers all over Europe, not just those in their own country"
- 2018-12-14 Morrisons launches 1 kilogram fruit and veg box for £1
- 2018-12-14 Agri food trade between the Netherlands and Saudi Arabia in 2017
- 2018-12-13 Pakistan fourth largest producer of chickpeas in world: FAO report
- 2018-12-13 Patients now leave Rex Hospital with bags of groceries
- 2018-12-13 New Zealand food prices ease in November
- 2018-12-13 Only Spain and Greece still active in the cucumber market
- 2018-12-12 "We want to offer Palatinate specialties in a high quality segment"
- 2018-12-12 Moldova expands exports to Russia
- 2018-12-11 West Bengal government to boost potato exports with transport subsidy
- 2018-12-11 Westminster urged to promote fruit and vegetable sector
- 2018-12-11 Growth of Vietnamese fruit and veg export slowing down
- 2018-12-10 Mauritius: 25% average drop in prices for imported fruits
- 2018-12-10 Ghana: Stray animals pose threat to vegetable production
- 2018-12-10 New holiday crop lights up the season
- 2018-12-10 Zimbabwe's farmers put their hope in irrigation scheme
- 2018-12-07 Keeping your fruit and veg fresh longer than ever imagined