- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Underscoring growing Mexican commerce
Rapid growth in avocado exports to US
Avocado consumption in the U.S. this year builds on astronomical growth in avocado exports from Michoacan during the past two decades. In the 1997-98 season, when the producers here first began shipping north, 13 million pounds of avocados crossed the border. In the last full season, it hit a record of 1.8 billion pounds. This season the figure is estimated to be even higher. (Other Mexican states also produce avocados, but only those from Michoacan are certified by the USDA).
According to usnews.com, such epic expansion has made the tasty green fruit become emblematic of commerce between Mexico and the United States. And it has helped the overall trade across the Rio Grande continue to grow, despite President Trump railing against too many Mexican imports.
In 2017, there was a record $557 billion worth of goods and services flowing between the United States and Mexico. Mexican exports also include cars, electrical machinery, furniture and other fruits and nuts. The U.S. trade deficit with Mexico hit a record $71 billion.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 US importer announces fifth year of expanded Spanish fruit imports
- 2018-12-14 Passionfruit - a challenging prospect for Florida growers
- 2018-12-14 Moving towards an all year round offer of avocados
- 2018-12-14 New role may alleviate kiwifruit labour shortage
- 2018-12-14 Investigation into ‘illegal’ garlic imports into South Africa
- 2018-12-14 "We extract our pomegranate arils manually 365 days a year"
- 2018-12-14 "Kaki prices are good, but don't reflect the 50% drop in the production"
- 2018-12-13 High demand for cut goods and exotics during the Advent season
- 2018-12-13 Bangladesh ambassador: 'We should export more products to China'
- 2018-12-13 China: Taizhou winter bamboo enters market early
- 2018-12-13 Turkey: New initiative to export avocados
- 2018-12-13 Australian ginger industry gains a fresh perspective
- 2018-12-13 Lychees: high quality, low quantity
- 2018-12-12 China: “White yams in short supply for many years”
- 2018-12-12 Pressure on the price of high caliber avocados
- 2018-12-11 Special time of year for jicama production
- 2018-12-11 Hamburg importer starts pomegranate season with stronger brand presence
- 2018-12-11 Honduras will export rambutan to Bolivia and Spain
- 2018-12-11 Peru: ProHass will promote avocados in China next year
- 2018-12-10 California's challenging persimmon season draws to a close