- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Australia ready to accept Vietnamese longan imports in 2019
Last month, a team from Australia’s Department of Agriculture and Water Resources visited Vietnam to review and assess the plantation, processing and packaging of longans in the provinces of Ben Tre and Hung Yen, the country’s biggest producers. And the team said Vietnamese longans may be licensed to enter its market from 2019.
Australia’s Department of Agriculture and Water Resources will make an assessment and draw up a draft regulation for imports of the fruit. Vietnam's total fruit and vegetable exports hit $604 million in the first two months of this year, marking a jump of 43.4 percent year-on-year and leaving other key agricultural exports far behind.
An article by Vnexpress.net reports how a growing appetite among foreign consumers for Vietnamese fruit is expected to reduce the country’s reliance on China, which accounted for 70 percent of Vietnam's fruit and vegetable exports in 2016. Local fruits are now exported to 60 countries and territories.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 US importer announces fifth year of expanded Spanish fruit imports
- 2018-12-14 Passionfruit - a challenging prospect for Florida growers
- 2018-12-14 Moving towards an all year round offer of avocados
- 2018-12-14 New role may alleviate kiwifruit labour shortage
- 2018-12-14 Investigation into ‘illegal’ garlic imports into South Africa
- 2018-12-14 "We extract our pomegranate arils manually 365 days a year"
- 2018-12-14 "Kaki prices are good, but don't reflect the 50% drop in the production"
- 2018-12-13 High demand for cut goods and exotics during the Advent season
- 2018-12-13 Bangladesh ambassador: 'We should export more products to China'
- 2018-12-13 China: Taizhou winter bamboo enters market early
- 2018-12-13 Turkey: New initiative to export avocados
- 2018-12-13 Australian ginger industry gains a fresh perspective
- 2018-12-13 Lychees: high quality, low quantity
- 2018-12-12 China: “White yams in short supply for many years”
- 2018-12-12 Pressure on the price of high caliber avocados
- 2018-12-11 Special time of year for jicama production
- 2018-12-11 Hamburg importer starts pomegranate season with stronger brand presence
- 2018-12-11 Honduras will export rambutan to Bolivia and Spain
- 2018-12-11 Peru: ProHass will promote avocados in China next year
- 2018-12-10 California's challenging persimmon season draws to a close