- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Japan: Tomato grower arrested for stealing cabbages
Ikuo Shiono, 40, is suspected of taking Chinese cabbage worth 80,000 yen (615 euros) on Jan 29 and 30 from a field in Toyohashi. Shiono has admitted to the allegation, saying he thought he could sell them at a high price if he took them to a market. According to the police he confessed being involved in three other Chinese cabbage thefts in the city, in January and February.
According to Japantoday.com, the police have found sales receipts for Chinese cabbages at Shiono's home and believe he took the stolen vegetables to a market within the city.
Prices of a number of common vegetables in Japan have soared due to autumn typhoons and a cold winter. As of late February, the prices of Chinese cabbage, cabbage and Japanese radish stood at more than twice those in an average year.
These prices are expected to remain high throughout March.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-13 Delicata market developing in North America
- 2018-12-13 Philippines: Iloilo City wants to replicate Chinese mushroom technology
- 2018-12-13 China: "Yunnan Vegetables" sell in more than 40 countries
- 2018-12-13 China: Bok choy price recovers as weather turns colder
- 2018-12-13 New US mushroom meat alternative: 'Pulled port'
- 2018-12-13 "Stable export of freshly frozen peppers to Korea"
- 2018-12-13 China garlic market analysis: Reduced surface area gives hope for price rise in 2019
- 2018-12-13 Spain: Vega Baja artichoke campaign starts with some delay
- 2018-12-13 US Retail managers: Lettuce is back, but at higher prices
- 2018-12-13 Comparison between open field and greenhouse tomatoes
- 2018-12-13 UK carrot trade better than expected
- 2018-12-12 "Shimeji has great potential, but substrate production is very sensitive"
- 2018-12-12 Biostimulants improve the nutritional value of iceberg lettuce
- 2018-12-12 JD.com starts producing vegetables
- 2018-12-12 Spanish garlic sales are stagnating
- 2018-12-12 Zings Finger Limes launch in Australia
- 2018-12-12 Cauliflower mix and Tapas tomato mix anticipate new food trends
- 2018-12-12 Suspected illegal garlic imports under investigation in South Africa
- 2018-12-12 China: Vegetable supply conditions this winter better than last year
- 2018-12-11 Winter vegetable prices soar in Ukraine