- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Eight times as nutritious as a potato - tastes as sweet as a coconut
Native Australian superfood on the rebound
One member of the Australian yam family, the yam daisy (also known as murnong) was once a major food source for native Australians and is now being reintroduced into the culinary mainstream. Nutty, starchy and rather potato-like, the murnong is the edible root of a yellow dandelion-type plant, naturally occurring in southern and south-eastern (cool, dry) parts of Australia.
According to an article on sbs.com.au, the murnong was a common food source for Aboriginal people before European settlement, and the Indigenous population had sophisticated ways of farming this nutritious vegetable.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-13 Delicata market developing in North America
- 2018-12-13 Philippines: Iloilo City wants to replicate Chinese mushroom technology
- 2018-12-13 China: "Yunnan Vegetables" sell in more than 40 countries
- 2018-12-13 China: Bok choy price recovers as weather turns colder
- 2018-12-13 New US mushroom meat alternative: 'Pulled port'
- 2018-12-13 "Stable export of freshly frozen peppers to Korea"
- 2018-12-13 China garlic market analysis: Reduced surface area gives hope for price rise in 2019
- 2018-12-13 Spain: Vega Baja artichoke campaign starts with some delay
- 2018-12-13 US Retail managers: Lettuce is back, but at higher prices
- 2018-12-13 Comparison between open field and greenhouse tomatoes
- 2018-12-13 UK carrot trade better than expected
- 2018-12-12 "Shimeji has great potential, but substrate production is very sensitive"
- 2018-12-12 Biostimulants improve the nutritional value of iceberg lettuce
- 2018-12-12 JD.com starts producing vegetables
- 2018-12-12 Spanish garlic sales are stagnating
- 2018-12-12 Zings Finger Limes launch in Australia
- 2018-12-12 Cauliflower mix and Tapas tomato mix anticipate new food trends
- 2018-12-12 Suspected illegal garlic imports under investigation in South Africa
- 2018-12-12 China: Vegetable supply conditions this winter better than last year
- 2018-12-11 Winter vegetable prices soar in Ukraine