- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Philippine government to support banana exports to Australia
Businessmirror.com quoted him as saying: “The possible reopening of the Australian market is a welcome development for us and for me. I find it unfair that the Philippines buy beef and other meat products from Australia, when our local products could not enter their market.”
The Filipino Banana Growers and Exporters Association has certainly showed its interest to export bananas to Australia after that nation’s ambassador to the Philippines, Amanda Gorely, said Canberra is willing to cooperate. During a BusinessMirror Coffee Club forum last month, Gorely said her government is willing to assist exporters comply with the Australian animal health and plant regulations so they can again access the Australian market. However, she added that no Philippine exporter has approached Canberra, signifying an interest to ship bananas to Australia.
Gorely claims that Filipino exporters prioritize Asian markets such as Japan and South Korea, where they have a bigger share compared to Australia where banana production is sufficient to meet domestic demand.
In 2002, Manila filed a complaint against Australia at the World Trade Organization for its de facto ban on Philippine bananas. Manila argued that Philippine bananas were no threat to Australian bananas because they were not intended to fulfil Australia’s entire demand. To date, the dispute has yet to be resolved.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 Plantains becoming more available in mainstream US supermarkets
- 2018-12-12 Cameroon banana exports reach 17,137 tons in November 2018
- 2018-12-12 China: How do banana production areas fare as a cold wave invades?
- 2018-12-11 Golden opportunity for banana growers
- 2018-12-11 Open letter from African banana producers to supermarkets
- 2018-12-10 Panama: Producers of Baru file a complaint against President Varela
- 2018-12-10 Spain: Asprocan denounces EU's lack of action against banana oversupply
- 2018-12-10 France: “The banana market is suffocating”
- 2018-12-10 Italy: Selling bananas at different degrees of ripeness
- 2018-12-07 Samoa back on track with banana export to New Zealand
- 2018-12-07 China: Will the banana price recover?
- 2018-12-07 South China banana plantations expecting low temperatures
- 2018-12-07 Philippine banana brand organizes anniversary promotions
- 2018-12-07 Port of Trieste may become gateway for Europe’s banana imports from India
- 2018-12-07 Peru: Banana exports up to October amount to more than $139 million dollars
- 2018-12-07 Ghana exporting plantain to Burkina Faso, Togo and Benin
- 2018-12-06 "The Paris basin is experiencing significant problems in terms of supply and quality"
- 2018-12-05 Supermarkets welcome the "new Caribbean banana"
- 2018-12-04 Exhibition "Exotic Taste of Europe": Looking at the European banana
- 2018-12-04 Bolivia opens new banana packing center