- Orchard Programmes Regional Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Packaging Supervisor - Mumbai, India
- Farm Manager - Czech Republic
- Citrus Agronomist - Can Tho, Vietnam
- Fresh Produce Trader - Den Haag, Netherlands
- Sales manager Europe
- Sales Representative - Northern Lower Michigan, USA
- Sales Representative - Florida, USA
- Business Development Manager Grapes, Citrus and Mangoes - Maasdijk, The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower’s Assistant - Hawaii, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Tomra continues expansion with acquisition of BBC Technologies
Freshtracker™ enables traceability of the origins and characteristics of individual products from harvesting, processing and packaging, through to point-of-sale.
Based in Hamilton, New Zealand, BBC Technologies’ origins go back to 2000 when founder and local blueberry growers Greg and Alison Furniss invented a blueberry grader and sorter which was then sold to other growers. The company shares with TOMRA a deep dedication to enhancing grower’s abilities to deliver consistent, high quality berries to an ever more demanding consumer.
Mike Riley, Head of TOMRA Food says: “This acquisition further increases TOMRA’s leadership in grading, sorting, and packaging solutions for fresh, packaged, and processed foods. Following the recent, successful integration of Compac, we are investing more into small fruit and reduced footprint deployments. We are also making large-scale investments to create new value for customers by extracting and analysing data from TOMRA equipment, which is complemented by the Freshtracker platform. This is just one example of how combining the two companies will generate significant new value and transform the industry.
“With an ever-increasing consumer focus on superfoods such as blueberries, the addition of BBC Technologies to TOMRA’s portfolio allows us to better serve the needs of growers and packers. Combined with BBC Technologies, TOMRA now offers the world’s most complete small-fruit sorting and packaging portfolio for large to small pack-houses, and for the growing number of repack and fresh produce distribution centres worldwide.”
Geoff Furniss, Head of BBC Technologies says: “Joining TOMRA provides the perfect platform to further enhance our technology and service offerings in all corners of the globe. As a company built by growers for growers, we respect TOMRA’s market leadership, which has been achieved through innovation and partnership with customers, consistent with the principles that have fuelled our own growth at BBC Technologies.”
“Customers of both companies will see continued dedication to meet and exceed their needs, including new support and service capabilities in all regions globally, so customers are never far from deep expertise. Beyond this acquisition, TOMRA is making other new investments in people, services, and technology to help customers optimise every aspect of their operations,” says Mike Riley.
BBC Technologies will operate as a division of TOMRA Food. Geoff Furniss will continue to lead BBC Technologies, reporting to Mike Riley, Head of TOMRA Food. The immediate priority is to ensure customers see further increased levels of service and support offerings as BBC Technologies leverages the global network of offices and personnel TOMRA operates around the world.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-02-22 Bankruptcy threatens Scheufelen paper mill
- 2019-02-22 Turnover increased significantly despite the nationwide heat wave in the summer
- 2019-02-22 In 2018, Spar Austria grew more than twice as fast as the entire industry
- 2019-02-22 "Gastronomy and large consumers increasingly in focus"
- 2019-02-22 Why have fruit imports increased over the years?
- 2019-02-22 USDA approves Washington Apple Commission proposals for $8.4 million in trade mitigation funds
- 2019-02-22 New Zespri Chairman - Bruce Cameron takes over from Peter McBride
- 2019-02-22 International consortium with four Spanish entities participates in MEDITOMATO project
- 2019-02-22 Greenyard Germany's Director to step down
- 2019-02-22 Wave of reorganization in Chinese e-commerce companies spreads to JD
- 2019-02-22 Coop focuses on organic products
- 2019-02-21 Birds Eye plans expansion in Wisconsin
- 2019-02-21 Net profit of Coop dropped off in 2018
- 2019-02-21 Sainsbury's shares drop after Asda merger put in doubt
- 2019-02-21 New multi-million dollar berry packing facility opens in Morocco
- 2019-02-21 Fresh Del Monte corrects avo results, postpones dividend payout
- 2019-02-21 New Basf reseach & development centre
- 2019-02-20 “We prioritize the products that are good to eat, not good to sell”
- 2019-02-20 “Salix Marketplace won't suffer from ‘empty restaurant syndrome’”
- 2019-02-20 South Africa: Aerobotics appoints new head of Data Science