- Orchard Programmes Regional Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Packaging Supervisor - Mumbai, India
- Farm Manager - Czech Republic
- Citrus Agronomist - Can Tho, Vietnam
- Fresh Produce Trader - Den Haag, Netherlands
- Sales manager Europe
- Sales Representative - Northern Lower Michigan, USA
- Sales Representative - Florida, USA
- Business Development Manager Grapes, Citrus and Mangoes - Maasdijk, The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower’s Assistant - Hawaii, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
European Court of Auditors examining organic food control system
They will also try to assess whether consumers can now have greater confidence that products are truly organic than they could at the time of the 2012 audit. The auditors have also published a Background Paper on the EU organic-food control system.
Organic production is a way of producing food and other products that respects natural life cycles. The organic nature of products is verified on the basis of a certification system laid down in EU law and overseen by the European Commission. The system is implemented by the member states and inspections are made by both public and private bodies.
Eureporter.co states that retail sales in the EU organic market grew by 54% between 2010 and 2015. The total area under organic farming in the EU increased by 21% over the same period. Imports of organic produce grew by 32% between 2012 and 2015. Although the price of organic products is higher than that of conventionally produced products, the market struggles to meet demand and the premium that consumers are willing to pay has the potential to encourage fraudulent organic sales.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-02-22 "No genetic engineering means people die"
- 2019-02-22 North America is leading the organic food markets
- 2019-02-22 "Organic-area will be expanded consistently, with many individual projects in the future"
- 2019-02-22 “There will be more organic leeks thanks to the good weather”
- 2019-02-18 Focus on sustainability at Biofach 2019
- 2019-02-18 Global organic acreage grows by 20%
- 2019-02-18 Italy holds a leading position on the international organic market
- 2019-02-18 Corsica: More and more land converted to organic farming
- 2019-02-18 Switzerland is the biggest consumer of organic products in the world
- 2019-02-15 Bulgaria: More middle-income consumers able to buy organic
- 2019-02-15 Facts and figures about organic development
- 2019-02-13 Morocco does not cover its needs for organic products
- 2019-02-12 Minister plans to quadruple organic farming in Luxembourg
- 2019-02-11 Spain: Organic farmers would be less affected by a crisis than conventional producers
- 2019-02-11 US Organic food exports expected to reach record levels
- 2019-02-11 UK: Organic food and drink sales on the rise
- 2019-02-11 Carrefour committed to seasonal organic fruits and vegetables
- 2019-02-11 Organic market in Croatia faces price-sensitive consumer
- 2019-02-08 Proliferation of organic California mandarins
- 2019-02-08 First ever "Organic Day" brings 90 farmers and advocates to Oregon capitol