- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- More sustainable packaging for Rockit mini-apple
- Chile: US retail begins to demand blockchain technology
- UK: Short supply creates "incredible" demand for sweet potatoes
- "The Paris basin is experiencing significant problems in terms of supply and quality"
- Improved weather conditions for Mexico blackberry season
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
European Court of Auditors examining organic food control system
They will also try to assess whether consumers can now have greater confidence that products are truly organic than they could at the time of the 2012 audit. The auditors have also published a Background Paper on the EU organic-food control system.
Organic production is a way of producing food and other products that respects natural life cycles. The organic nature of products is verified on the basis of a certification system laid down in EU law and overseen by the European Commission. The system is implemented by the member states and inspections are made by both public and private bodies.
Eureporter.co states that retail sales in the EU organic market grew by 54% between 2010 and 2015. The total area under organic farming in the EU increased by 21% over the same period. Imports of organic produce grew by 32% between 2012 and 2015. Although the price of organic products is higher than that of conventionally produced products, the market struggles to meet demand and the premium that consumers are willing to pay has the potential to encourage fraudulent organic sales.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-07 Argentina: Río Negro produces the most organic food
- 2018-12-07 "Increasing number of market stall holders find their way to organic fruits and vegetables at BelOrta"
- 2018-12-06 How organic is organic food in India?
- 2018-12-04 Organic Grower Summit announces Grower of the Year award recipient
- 2018-12-03 "Large retailers profit more from the organic craze than specialized stores"
- 2018-12-03 Spain: HaciendasBio expects to increase organic production by 61%
- 2018-12-03 Italy: Organic farming increases despite the greater effort required
- 2018-12-03 Spain: Valencia is the second region with most organic production companies
- 2018-11-30 "Consumer confidence in Russian organic produce is zero"
- 2018-11-30 Saarland number one in organic farming
- 2018-11-30 Organic vegetables: Producer prices remain high
- 2018-11-29 Italy: Veritas Biofrutta grows by 20% every year
- 2018-11-28 Slow start of the organic orange campaign in Seville
- 2018-11-26 2009 to 2017: The development of organic farming
- 2018-11-26 “Ample opportunities for organic farming in Ecuador”
- 2018-11-23 Triskalia focuses on organic
- 2018-11-22 Organic farmers protecting Italy's rich food tradition
- 2018-11-22 Small US growers supply organic persimmon market
- 2018-11-22 UK Organic Congress: Development of new UK agricultural policy critical
- 2018-11-21 Japan and South Korea looking at organic cultivation in Sikkim