- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Canada: SunSelect next in line for cannabis
Last fall, Canopy Growth announced it would develop up to three million square feet of greenhouse growing capacity at a pair of sites in B.C. to grow marijuana. Canopy Growth CEO Bruce Linton said in a statement last year the operator currently grows peppers, but millions would be spent in a transformation to cannabis production.
The name of that greenhouse operator, however, has been kept secret. Now it became clear it is SunSelect. We're not just talking about the recent adjustments being made to the greenhouse or the rumours going around in the industry, but simply point out a video in which Victor Krahn comments from the BC Tweed Joint Venture Inc about the transport of 100,000 pot plants from Ontario to B.C. You know, the same Victor Krahn who's the son of founders Gerhard & Louise Krahn of SunSelect Produce.
This follows the approval of BC Tweed Joint Venture Inc. by Health Canada to cultivate cannabis in a British Columbia greenhouse as of February 16th. The official news will probably be confirmed by Canopy Growth in a couple of hours, when the company will send out a news release.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-10 First Roma tomatoes shipped from new greenhouse
- 2018-12-10 Mexico: First roma tomatoes shipped from new greenhouse
- 2018-12-06 Alberta greenhouse grower ready for the long cold winter
- 2018-12-06 Ohio greenhouses in full production this winter
- 2018-12-05 Living greens company launches organic red butter lettuce and spring mix
- 2018-12-05 Australia: Costa tomato farm starts AU$67 million expansion
- 2018-12-04 Canadian government supports greenhouse farming
- 2018-12-04 "We aim to displace importers, not existing local growers"
- 2018-12-03 A greenhouse in the eternal ice: vegetable gardening in the Antarctic
- 2018-11-29 Kaufland focuses on local winter tomatoes
- 2018-11-29 Mexico: Greenhouse climate control with geothermal energy
- 2018-11-28 Carl Mastronardi wins Produce Person of The Year from OPMA
- 2018-11-27 Seasonal production ramping up of specialty greenhouse vegetables
- 2018-11-27 The largest greenhouse in the Czech Republic is already functioning
- 2018-11-23 "Exempt indoor grown lettuce from romaine recall"
- 2018-11-22 Microgreens more than just a garnish
- 2018-11-20 How are cultivation techniques developing in China?
- 2018-11-16 Greenhouse production changes to boost wintertime yields
- 2018-11-16 Russia seeks self-sufficiency in greenhouse vegetable production
- 2018-11-16 "Our systems are making producers more interesting as employers"