- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Big dip in profits for Fresh Del Monte in 2017
Sales in the fourth quarter amounted to 953.7 million dollars, a small decrease compared to the 954.6 million dollars in the fourth quarter of 2016. This slight decrease was caused by lower sales in the bananas and processed category. The downward trend for these categories was partly offset by higher sales in 'other fresh produce.'
The gross profit of the company fell by more than 100 million dollars and amounted to 331.6 million dollars (2016: 464.4 million dollars). This was mainly due to a lower price for bananas and processed products and higher distribution costs for the remaining fruit. The lower costs for sea transport partly offset the higher costs.
The operational income comes to 152.7 million dollars, a decrease compared to the 244.2 million dollars a year earlier. The comparable income stands at 155.1 million dollars (2016: 265.5 million dollars). Net income also fell from $ 225.1 million in 2016 to $ 120.8 million last year.
Nevertheless, CEO Mohammad Abu-Ghazaleh is positive: "We are satisfied with the momentum for diversifying our range in 2017. We have expanded our presence in the global market." The director points to the 18% growth that the assortment of freshly cut fruit went through. The company continues to look for growth opportunities. An example of this is the offer for Mann Packing that is still open.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Spain: Coopcisa, Coopego and Novacitrus join forces to form Green Fruits Coop. V.
- 2018-12-14 California grower adds Sandra Sanchez to Team
- 2018-12-14 Dole Food Company sells Fresh Cut businesses in Sweden and Finland
- 2018-12-14 Shoprite opens first of its own distribution centres in Nigeria
- 2018-12-14 Olivier van Assche returns to fresh fruit and vegetable sector via software
- 2018-12-13 Greater planting distance leads to early cucumbers
- 2018-12-13 Carrefour opens its first laboratory store in Paris
- 2018-12-13 Camposol wins three acknowledgements granted by the Ministry of Labor and Employment Promotion
- 2018-12-13 Capespan strengthens food safety promise
- 2018-12-13 SanLucar celebrates its debute in the luxury department store KaDeWe
- 2018-12-12 SumoSalad merges with THR1VE
- 2018-12-12 New building complex in Enger for labelling and inspection systems
- 2018-12-12 Spain: Jordi Cruz named ambassador of Jimbee brand
- 2018-12-12 Vitacress announces new senior appointments
- 2018-12-12 What are the biggest pitfalls on the Chinese import market?
- 2018-12-11 Losses from hurricane Irma affect Alico’s annual figures
- 2018-12-11 HKW buys fruit and vegetable distributor Fresh Direct Produce
- 2018-12-11 Leadership change for Fresca Group
- 2018-12-11 REO Veiling meets and informs its future generation of producers
- 2018-12-11 Van Ossenbruggen invests in new packing station and access road to N320