- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Pakistan: Kinnow exports to possibly surpass yearly target
After Indonesia and Russia lifted the quota imposed on kinnow from Pakistan, traders told Arab News that they hope this year they would surpass their yearly target.
Dr. Amanullah Malik, the director of the Institute of Horticultural Sciences, claims Pakistan is number 13 on the list of top citrus-producing countries. His nation produces, on average, some 2.4 million tons of citrus fruits of which kinnow make up a massive 70 to 80 percent, or 1.7 to 1.9 million tons. Punjab produces over 60 percent citrus, 98 percent of which comes from Sargodha, where the processing industry is located.
By February 3, 2018, Pakistan had exported 142,813 tons of Kinnow to 27 countries, as compared to 136,719 tons exported during the same period of the last fiscal year. Pakistan’s exports to Russia have increased to 54,395 tons as compared to 50,157 tons exported during the same period last year, while exports to Indonesia jumped to 24,167 tons from 13,202 tons.
Alas, according to the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan, approximately 40 percent of the produce is wasted during pre- and post-harvest stages. Mismanagement of diseases, unfavourable weather conditions, delays in harvesting, absence of proper roads and cold storage facilities, glut formation in the market and similar factors are responsible for these losses.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Spain: Disastrous citrus campaign in Murcia
- 2018-12-14 Turkey: Bumper citrus harvest in Cukurova
- 2018-12-14 Peru: "We only offer organic limes"
- 2018-12-14 New UF/IFAS citrus trial data available soon
- 2018-12-14 Egypt: Orange exports continuing to expand
- 2018-12-13 China: Will Shatang oranges avoid the unmarketable condition of Nanfeng tangerines?
- 2018-12-13 "Jaffa Orri is the best mandarin in the world"
- 2018-12-13 Finger lime: Looks and pops like caviar, tastes like lime
- 2018-12-13 China: Booming citrus industry lifts Guangxi villagers out of poverty
- 2018-12-13 “Rational regulation of shipments help Egypt's oranges in China's market”
- 2018-12-13 South Africa asks EU to relax controls on its citrus exports
- 2018-12-13 Spain: Government to support processing of citrus into juice to tackle price crisis
- 2018-12-12 Cambodia: Koh Trong cultivation of pomelos expanding
- 2018-12-12 Sicilian approach: Sustainability, authenticity and short supply chain
- 2018-12-12 Florida citrus crop shows untypical stability
- 2018-12-11 Micro-climate in Northern California makes for unique mandarin-growing area
- 2018-12-11 Spain: Citrus exports to non-EU countries down by 14%
- 2018-12-11 Spain: Union of Unions convenes meeting to address citrus crisis situation
- 2018-12-11 Grenada’s agriculture sector to tackle Citrus Greening
- 2018-12-11 Morocco expects record citrus yields in 2018-2019