- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
The year's first six ton supply shipped to Japan
Farmers in central Taiwan confident Japanese will love their 'Oolong Bananas'
The Citong Fruit and Vegetable Cooperative in Yunlin that is marketing the bananas hopes they do well in Japan, thus boosting sales for banana growers in the region. The workers eagerly worked through the weekend to have the six ton shipment ready.
Taiwannews.com reports that bananas are the most important agriculture export product to Japan; with Taiwan in the past exporting over 20,000 tons a year. In recent years, competition with banana exporters from Southeast Asia, and an increased domestic demand caused a drastic drop in banana exports to Japan, falling back to some 1,000 tons.
Now it appears there is an incredibly lucrative opening for the banana growers of Yunlin and Taiwan. Taiwan may just revive its reputation as the “Banana Kingdom.”
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Challenges faced by Philippines banana industry in 2018
- 2018-12-13 Sustainable bananas in greenhouses: first 'Dutch bananas' harvested
- 2018-12-12 China: How do banana production areas fare as a cold wave invades?
- 2018-12-12 Plantains becoming more available in mainstream US supermarkets
- 2018-12-12 Cameroon banana exports reach 17,137 tons in November 2018
- 2018-12-11 Golden opportunity for banana growers
- 2018-12-11 Open letter from African banana producers to supermarkets
- 2018-12-10 Panama: Producers of Baru file a complaint against President Varela
- 2018-12-10 Spain: Asprocan denounces EU's lack of action against banana oversupply
- 2018-12-10 France: “The banana market is suffocating”
- 2018-12-10 Italy: Selling bananas at different degrees of ripeness
- 2018-12-07 Samoa back on track with banana export to New Zealand
- 2018-12-07 China: Will the banana price recover?
- 2018-12-07 South China banana plantations expecting low temperatures
- 2018-12-07 Philippine banana brand organizes anniversary promotions
- 2018-12-07 Port of Trieste may become gateway for Europe’s banana imports from India
- 2018-12-07 Peru: Banana exports up to October amount to more than $139 million dollars
- 2018-12-07 Ghana exporting plantain to Burkina Faso, Togo and Benin
- 2018-12-06 "The Paris basin is experiencing significant problems in terms of supply and quality"
- 2018-12-05 Supermarkets welcome the "new Caribbean banana"