- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- More sustainable packaging for Rockit mini-apple
- Chile: US retail begins to demand blockchain technology
- UK: Short supply creates "incredible" demand for sweet potatoes
- "The Paris basin is experiencing significant problems in terms of supply and quality"
- Improved weather conditions for Mexico blackberry season
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Myanmar: State government and private sector to cultivate ginger in Rakhine
One of the more viable avenues for growth and economic development in Rakhine is in the cultivation of ginger and production of ginger-based goods. Already, a draft plan to establish a ginger plantation in the State is in the works, the MyanMar Times learned.
Ginger is a staple of local diets and the country also exports 3 million dollars worth of ginger to Bangladesh each year. Even though ginger is now planted mainly in the south of Shan State, conditions in Rakhine State are favourable for cultivation.
From Rakhine, ginger can also be exported directly to Bangladesh, which is more cost-effective as Rakhine ginger farmers can save on transportation costs. While there are also opportunities to export ginger to the US, Netherlands and Germany, demand for Myanmar ginger from Bangladesh is currently the greatest.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-07 Persimmon market continues to grow
- 2018-12-07 Greek kiwi grower lands huge investment from EU
- 2018-12-06 Peru: “We must have greater control of avocado volumes going to certain markets"
- 2018-12-06 Chile: Nearly 30% of all avocado production is destined for domestic market
- 2018-12-06 Large supply & dip in exports pull down Indian garlic prices to record low
- 2018-12-06 UK: Short supply creates "incredible" demand for sweet potatoes
- 2018-12-05 Honduras: Memorandum to improve the rambutan chain signed
- 2018-12-05 The Italian 'Sweeki' kiwi season launch in Malaysia
- 2018-12-05 Australia’s own garlic from Kangaroo Island
- 2018-12-05 The Dorì kiwi is very successful in Hong Kong supermarkets
- 2018-12-04 Azerbaijan expects to increase pomegranate production
- 2018-12-04 China: Jiaxing places 550 million yuan order for Shaanxi Zhouzhi kiwi fruit
- 2018-12-04 Honduran fruit - access to 12 new markets
- 2018-12-04 Rwandan farmers alarmed by disease ravaging mango crops
- 2018-12-04 Spain: Producers in Castellon uprooting their kaki fields
- 2018-12-04 New fresh Bahri date season set to increase output
- 2018-12-03 China: New durian varieties enter market
- 2018-12-03 Yellow Vests: "Products from the Reunion Island still get on planes, but the situation is not easy"
- 2018-12-03 Zespri looks at North America for kiwifruit orchards
- 2018-12-03 Spain: "Drop of avocado prices due to South African and Peruvian oversupply in Europe"