- Product Developer - Italy
- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe (Benelux - Germany)
- Technical sales specialists Florida, Virginia, North Caroline, South Carolina, Texas, - USA
- Business Development Manager Spain
- Director of Operations - Ethiopia
- Product Manager Premium Beans - Rotterdam, NL
- Crop Consultant - Canada
- Market Access & Quality Systems Manager | Fruit - Bologna, Italy
- Corporate Account Manager - Chilliwack (BC) Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
- South African avocado growers wish the season would never end
- Australia: Packing shed to install blemish, colour and weight tomato recognition system
- "Wind turbines saved 100% of our apples during the night frost"
- Supplies of avocados to start picking up
- “Apples still stored in cold rooms are responsible for current low prices”
Top 5 -last week
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Kenyan avocado season has mixed results depending on variety
- Walmart: $10bln surprise after buying Flipkart
- "Ceremony held for first shipment of cold-treatment-free cherries from Izmir, Turkey"
- "If you do not have IP amongst your offering you will quickly lose relevance in the market"
Top 5 -last month
Topseal packaging gaining popularity in EU markets
"The most important arguments in favor of this trend are, above all, the decrease in packaging waste and the increase of marketing attractiveness for the product. Packed products are visually appealing and fruit and veg with high quality packaging are considered to be a premium product by consumers. The advantages from the logistics point of view are also important - tight packaging prevents product spills in bulk cartons, and ensures no interference with the product from outside. Eliminating traditional packaging with lids and flowpack, allows for increased efficiency in distribution and better placement of products on the shelves," shared Maciej Chmielewski from Polish based Milbor sp zoo.
Milbor PMC has been hard at work recently, introducing topseal packaging and machinery to fruit and vegetable traders in Germany and Poland. Along with sorting and packaging machines, they also supply blueberries to European markets such as Germany, the UK and Scandinavia.
"This new way of packaging is based on top-down sealing film with micro or macro-perforation. As a result, the products in such packaging remains fresh and it’s shelf-life is extended. The topseal technology can be used not only for soft fruits such as blueberries, currants, or strawberries, but also for all kinds of vegetables, mushrooms, nuts or salads. Increasingly, topseal packaging is used in the packing of cut or dried fruit," Maciej continues.
Maciej said that topseal packaging is also beneficial in reducing labor costs, along with being a great tool for marketing.
"The use of printed film allows the growers to place the marketing elements of the company, basic information about the product, and also reduce the companies’ labeling expenses."
Milbor has been a presence at a variety of industry conferences and shows, with the most recent being ExpoSE in Karlsruhe (Hall 1 – stand 1/G-26 ), held next week on the 22 and 23rd of November. Milbor will be there to present their semi-automatic punnet sealing machine together with Packaging Automation and the Blueberry Soft Sorter with WECO Sorting.
For more information:
Milbor sp. z o. o.
Tel: +48 538 359 172
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-07-17 Lattice structure for snack tomato bucket
- 2019-07-17 China: "Due to the high tariffs, we did not export to America this year"
- 2019-07-12 "With the right container the shelf life of blueberries can be significantly extended"
- 2019-07-11 New packaging for summer fruit with information for final consumers
- 2019-07-11 "We want to promote the consumption of Poma de Girona in the best possible packaging"
- 2019-07-11 Organic mangoes with laser engraving instead of stickers
- 2019-07-09 "Complete solutions for potatoes, onions and carrots are our core competence"
- 2019-07-09 Australian corn grower eliminates single-use plastic trays
- 2019-07-05 PET packaging prevents waste
- 2019-07-05 No-deal Brexit could cause ‘crate shortages’
- 2019-07-04 Netherlands: Only recycled plastic in vegetable packaging buckets
- 2019-07-04 Grass paper, a new candidate to replace traditional paper in packaging
- 2019-07-04 Away with the plastic fruit bag! at Spar in Vienna
- 2019-07-03 "As many exotics as possible in new carton packaging in the short term"
- 2019-07-02 Netherlands: Remmert Dekker Packaging invests in new packing machine
- 2019-07-02 Pick n Pay launches dedicated plastic and packaging-free zone
- 2019-07-01 "Sticker keeps fruit fresh for up to two weeks longer"
- 2019-07-01 Carrefour to stop using plastic with Canary bananas and many other products
- 2019-07-01 Japan has an extensive single-use plastic problem
- 2019-07-01 Single-use plastic bags banned in New Zealand