- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Politicians need to go and have a good look in the mirror at what they are doing"
- Micro-climate in Northern California makes for unique mandarin-growing area
- "There will be considerable pressure on the European grape market in the new year"
- Reducing anxiety: 7 foods that will do the job
- US producers warn of national collard greens shortage
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Gianfranco Balestra from Otorongo, Peru
"Difficult to increase grape export with current conditions"
Jaguar is a Dutch company that follows a corporate strategy to go global with opening companies in key supplying countries such as Egypt, South Africa and for example Peru or Chile. “Peru was chosen and after a year, it has been decided to start up the company in Peru. We work with suppliers in Peru and some in Chile. The goal is to increase the portfolio of suppliers in both countries. The products that we are focusing on at the moment are mainly grapes, citrus, ie. different varieties of mandarins, and other key products like blueberries, avocados and ginger.”
He explains there are a few benefits for Jaguar to have this operating office in Peru. “It’s good to have local presence and be closer to the supplier. In order to see what’s going on with the fruit and be in time to purchase the fruits. Another benefit is the export possibilities directly from our clients to our offices in the Netherlands and China. As Jaguar has another operating office Leopard Fruit Trading in Shanghai, China. In addition, you have the administrative benefits of tax, yield and commercial benefits.”
Otorongo works with 15 suppliers in Peru. “The intention is to increase their number. In addition, we want to purchase products from neighbour countries, so instead of seeing them as competitors it´s a complementary supply. However, this is something for the future. As the grape market has been developing over the last year the focus switched from seeded varieties to seedless. Moreover, in general Peru has developed as an exporting market as well. As the country belongs to the top exporters in the world of for example, grapes, blueberries and avocados. I believe this will only keep growing”, concludes Gianfranco.
For more information:
T: +51 957022131
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-11 Poland: Official study on changes taking place in apple growing sector
- 2018-12-11 High demand for European apples in China
- 2018-12-11 South African fruit industry expansion shows faith in the future
- 2018-12-07 Italy: Successful partnership between Apofruit Italia and Società Frutticoltori Trento
- 2018-12-06 "Limited impact of hail on Chilean berry season"
- 2018-12-04 “We invested in new varieties and IQ optical sourcing lines”
- 2018-12-03 Chile: “We expect good volumes for Chilean cherry export”
- 2018-12-03 South Africa: Electricity cuts a great irritation to fruit industry
- 2018-11-29 What kinds of fruit do Taiwanese customers like to eat?
- 2018-11-29 Argentina: Blueberry export volumes are behind compared to last year
- 2018-11-28 Mexico: “We hope to start our strawberry export to Europe this season”
- 2018-11-27 Tunisian fruit exports to Libya soaring
- 2018-11-27 Ukrainian apples shipped to five Middle Eastern markets for the first time
- 2018-11-27 Sharp drop of Moldovan apple, plum and table grape exports to Russia
- 2018-11-23 Del Monte presents on-the-go fruit snacking ranges
- 2018-11-22 “There is an increase in demand for Mexican berries”
- 2018-11-21 “The West consumes fruit, in the East fruit can also be a gift or an offering”
- 2018-11-20 “Belgian growers in dire straits, but entire European fruit sector is suffering”
- 2018-11-20 Italy: Agreement for marketing of the Tessa apple
- 2018-11-19 Didn't visit Interpoma 2018? Check the FreshPlaza photo gallery!