- Orchard Programmes Regional Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Packaging Supervisor - Mumbai, India
- Farm Manager - Czech Republic
- Citrus Agronomist - Can Tho, Vietnam
- Fresh Produce Trader - Den Haag, Netherlands
- Sales manager Europe
- Sales Representative - Northern Lower Michigan, USA
- Sales Representative - Florida, USA
- Business Development Manager Grapes, Citrus and Mangoes - Maasdijk, The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower’s Assistant - Hawaii, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Not just a pretty face
Young Dominican Republic entrepreneurs convert sugar cane land to pineapples
CaraLinda is the name of their family farm and Kisha and her brother started converting pasture land into pineapple two years ago by importing MD-2 pineapple slips from Costa Rica. They now have 125 hectares of pineapple and are exporting to the rest of the Caribbean, the US, Europe, and soon to Israel. They’ve also trademarked their pineapples with the Caralinda brand.
They are bullish on being able to market their pineapples as a premium product because they are sweeter as a result of the favorable sunlight regime and fertile soils of their area of the Dominican Republic. They are also able to guarantee this sweetness arrives at their final destination because of the large number of direct flights to Europe during the winter tourism season. They also have the advantage of shorter maritime routes to Europe compared to Central and South America.
Kisha Rodriquez and her brother are members of a recently formed Monte Plata Pineapple Producers Association composed of similar young professionals who are convinced that by working together they can develop a pineapple export industry with a year around supply of consistent quality and quantity.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture funded Exporting Quality Program is helping exporters such as Kisha certify their production as GlobalG.A.P. as well as upgrade their branding to market their pineapples in premium markets. The Program is also helping the Monte Plata Pineapple Producers Association strengthen their service delivery capacity to their members.
For more information:
Caralinda Agroindustrial S.R.L.
Tel: +1 829 986 8488
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-02-22 80% of the kiwi fruit Argentina consumes is produced in Mar del Plata
- 2019-02-22 Mexico: Avocado export value decreased in 2018
- 2019-02-22 Peru's avocados will reach four Asian markets this year
- 2019-02-22 China: Mangosteen enters market in bulk
- 2019-02-21 Complications for Peruvian avocados due to heavy rainfall
- 2019-02-21 Honduras: Avocado imports down by 2 million dollars
- 2019-02-21 Exotic Colombian fruits with a strong export potential
- 2019-02-21 Spain: "Kiwifruit is a very interesting product with many advantages"
- 2019-02-21 Australia’s newest red papaya brand
- 2019-02-21 “Sea kale - a fast-growing niche"
- 2019-02-20 Kiwifruit sector front-foots campaign to find pickers
- 2019-02-20 Vietnam will be able to export mangoes to the United States
- 2019-02-20 Peru: Cultivation of fruits aimed at Asian communities settled in America
- 2019-02-20 Philippines: Ilocos growers go for 200-hectare garlic expansion
- 2019-02-20 Imported pepino melons from Ecuador enjoy a consistent life
- 2019-02-19 Albert Heijn mocks itself in reaction to De Speld's avo article
- 2019-02-19 APEAM presents a new commercial in Japan
- 2019-02-19 "Mediocre sales for out-of-season figs during Chinese Spring Festival"
- 2019-02-19 "7bugo kiwifruit wins market with product and brand"
- 2019-02-19 Avocado cultivation continues to expand in the Region of Valencia