- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Update Brazilian melon and papaya production
Brazil: Watermelon production increasing rapidly
Despite the water crisis in the Northeast of Brazil, investments are done in the technology by some producers of Vale do São Francisco (BA/PE). According to HF Brasil this ensured a better quality of melons from this region this year. The cantaloupe melons from Bahía/Pernambuco experience a good demand from both national and international buyers.
The quality of the papaya in the main producing areas in Brazil was affected by the winter of 2017, due to rainfall and low temperatures. HF Brasil reported that the rainfall in July, (mainly in the regions Bahía, Espírito Santo and the coast of Rio Grande do Norte), favoured the development of fungal diseases in the orchards. As mentioned in previous published articles the papaya suffered from black spots, which affected sales. In addition to this, low prices in the market made producers spray less which affected the quality again.
It was reported by HF Brasil that in the region of Rio Grande do Norte, the rainfall in July resulted in a less favourable flowering and the soil became less nutritious. This raised the production costs and meant smaller volumes were available. Even though there has been a lot of rainfall, the water deficit hasn't fully recovered.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Southern Italy: Intensive apple farming
- 2018-12-18 Fyffes subsidiary decertified due to labor rights violations in Honduras
- 2018-12-18 Argentina: Five keys to understanding the 2019 fruit season
- 2018-12-17 International Atomic Energy Agency helps protect Ecuador’s valuable fruits
- 2018-12-17 Chile: Starting peak shipments of blueberries
- 2018-12-17 Argentina: Majority of blueberry export for US market
- 2018-12-14 China: Price "explosion" for cherries
- 2018-12-13 "We are very much focused on the online trade in convenience products"
- 2018-12-12 Rwanda: NAEB starts fruit project to shore up exports
- 2018-12-12 Italy: Cocktail Plum, a very successful tomato
- 2018-12-12 Congo: Kiwi for 14 euros/kg
- 2018-12-11 Poland: Official study on changes taking place in apple growing sector
- 2018-12-11 High demand for European apples in China
- 2018-12-11 South African fruit industry expansion shows faith in the future
- 2018-12-07 Italy: Successful partnership between Apofruit Italia and Società Frutticoltori Trento
- 2018-12-06 "Limited impact of hail on Chilean berry season"
- 2018-12-04 “We invested in new varieties and IQ optical sourcing lines”
- 2018-12-03 Chile: “We expect good volumes for Chilean cherry export”
- 2018-12-03 South Africa: Electricity cuts a great irritation to fruit industry
- 2018-11-29 What kinds of fruit do Taiwanese customers like to eat?