- Orchard Programmes Regional Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Packaging Supervisor - Mumbai, India
- Farm Manager - Czech Republic
- Citrus Agronomist - Can Tho, Vietnam
- Fresh Produce Trader - Den Haag, Netherlands
- Sales manager Europe
- Sales Representative - Northern Lower Michigan, USA
- Sales Representative - Florida, USA
- Business Development Manager Grapes, Citrus and Mangoes - Maasdijk, The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower’s Assistant - Hawaii, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Hall 5c / N-01
Te Mata in Hong Kong with new apple varieties
"We are well established in the main Asian and Indian & Middle Eastern markets," explained Murray Tait from the company. "Now we want to broaden our efforts into smaller, but growing markets such as Sri Lanka, Korea, the Philippines, the Maldives, and Indonesia."
Murray Tait and Andy Thompson at the Te Mata Exports stand last year
The company's main products are apples, avocados, cherries and citrus.
"We will be talking to our customers about some of our new apple varieties in Hong Kong. We have the Dazzle, Aztec and Cosmic Crisp, among others in our planting programme. We are moving over to these new varieties as we remove some of the older trees and less preferred varieties.
"We are also expanding our cherry production, so we are looking to extend our market reach. We are already active in Taiwan, China and Thailand, but are looking further afield at markets such as Korea, Japan and SE Asia."
As with other New Zealand avocado growers, Murray is anticipating the entry of home grown avocados into China, "It may not be this year, we don't have the volumes anyway," said Murray. "We already have well established relationships with importers/partners in place, who would also take our avocados when the time comes.
You can go along and visit Murray and the Te Mata team on the New Zealand stand in Hall 5c / N-01.
For more information:
Te Mata Exports
Tel: +64 27 483 5055
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-09-14 Asia Global Logistics advancing towards goal of 'global reefer expert'
- 2018-09-14 Asia Fruit Logistica 2018 Photo report
- 2018-09-13 Visitor count Asia Fruit Logistica does not increase with exhibition space
- 2018-09-12 European Blueberry growers unite to provide year-round offer for Asian markets
- 2018-09-11 Chang Lung Agriculture increases global network through innovation
- 2018-09-10 Comtree Enterprise investing in new dragon fruit variteis
- 2018-09-10 Convenience trends at the Asiafruit Congress
- 2018-09-07 Interko to showcase new turn-key ripening room to Asian market
- 2018-09-07 Chang-Rak Farms expanding export markets
- 2018-09-06 Opening of 2018 South China Fruit Industry Marketing Channel Summit
- 2018-09-06 The promotion of Chilean cherries receives recognition
- 2018-09-05 Asia Fruit Awards: winners announced
- 2018-09-05 Chanitos wants to give you energy to do what you love
- 2018-09-04 'Our goal is to reinforce Peru's image as a producer with differential advantages in Asia'
- 2018-09-04 "Convenience is a trend in breeding"
- 2018-09-03 StePac leads responsible supply chain with innovative packaging
- 2018-09-03 Taste Australia yields big results in foreign trade
- 2018-08-31 New Zealand organic apple grower planting new varieties; tries to keep up with demand from Asia
- 2018-08-30 The Asian market is a great opportunity for agricultural companies
- 2018-08-30 Genuinely Western Australia export initiative set for global succes