- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK invests $5m into potato farming in Zambia
British High Commissioner to Zambia Fergus Cochrane said in an interview in Kasama that Zambia has great potential to export agriculture produce in the Great Lakes region.
Mr Cochrane said his government is interested in fostering agriculture production in the Northern Province to lift people out of poverty.
“Agriculture is an area that we are interested in. In fact here in Northern Province, UKAid is investing over US$5 million dollars into a farm in a place called Katito for potato production,” he said.
“We want to develop it. So we want to do our bit to help Zambia diversify and make more of this wonderful potential in agriculture,” Mr Cochrane said. He said this is feasible through diversification of the economy.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-01-21 "We are taking out all the variability so that when it is cooked in a certain way it will always have the same result”
- 2021-01-21 'Demand for Washington onions is decent - medium demand is going to get hotter'
- 2021-01-21 France: the demand remains high for the red varieties
- 2021-01-20 New message to promote PEI potatoes
- 2021-01-20 Peruvian sweet potato exports had significant growth in 2020
- 2021-01-20 Potato prices in Brazil fall due to an increase in supply and quality problems
- 2021-01-20 Chinese potato prices stable
- 2021-01-20 Record-sales in December for the PGI Potatoes from Sila
- 2021-01-20 PotatoEurope 2021 Innovation Award professional jury members announced
- 2021-01-19 Panama approves the import of 9,000 quintals of onion for February
- 2021-01-19 Bangladesh: 27,000 tonnes of imported onions wasting away at Chattogram port
- 2021-01-18 Indian growers will resist again if onion export ban returns
- 2021-01-18 Spain: Beltza potato put onto the market
- 2021-01-18 "The biggest problem for the onion sector is currently fusarium"
- 2021-01-18 Armyworms attack onion fields in northwest Philippines
- 2021-01-18 Myanmar onion farmers witness downturn in export market
- 2021-01-18 Potato fraud exposed in Bulgaria
- 2021-01-18 January presents slow start for UK free-buy potato trade
- 2021-01-18 UK: Potato packing trade remains relatively strong
- 2021-01-15 ‘Yunnan spring onion freeze does not affect US exports, but could be significant in world market'