- Orchard Programmes Regional Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Packaging Supervisor - Mumbai, India
- Farm Manager - Czech Republic
- Citrus Agronomist - Can Tho, Vietnam
- Fresh Produce Trader - Den Haag, Netherlands
- Sales manager Europe
- Sales Representative - Northern Lower Michigan, USA
- Sales Representative - Florida, USA
- Business Development Manager Grapes, Citrus and Mangoes - Maasdijk, The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower’s Assistant - Hawaii, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
USDA grapefruit estimate for Florida drops by 800,000 boxes
"It's a tough hit for Florida's grapefruit growers who have been so committed to fighting pest and disease to maintain this staple of Florida's economy," said Shannon Shepp, executive director of the Florida Department of Citrus. "Florida grapefruit is, by far, what world consumers seek out for its unique flavor profile, sweetness and juiciness."
The estimate for Florida grapefruit dropped 800,000 boxes to a total of 8.1 million boxes. Just for comparison’s sake, the grapefruit crop during the 2003-2004 season was 40.9 million boxes.
According to USDA, the updated all-orange forecast remains at 67 million boxes (33 million boxes of early, midseason, Navel, and Temple varieties; plus 34 million boxes of Valencias).
source: news4jax.com, growingproduce.com
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-02-22 US importer reporting strong Moroccan W. Murcott season
- 2019-02-22 Organic orange variety still available for about a month
- 2019-02-22 Argentina to sell lemons, oranges, grapefruits, and mandarins to Vietnam
- 2019-02-22 Argentina: Lemon production recovers but sweet citrus production decreases
- 2019-02-22 "Blood oranges taste better this season"
- 2019-02-22 Spain: Valencian citrus growers have already lost about 200 million Euro
- 2019-02-22 "There is still room to grow on the market for Spanish kumquats"
- 2019-02-22 "The flavor of grapefruit improves in storage"
- 2019-02-22 Italian Citrus: Quality forecast to be excellent
- 2019-02-21 Spain: Murcian lemons close to becoming unprofitable
- 2019-02-21 Florida Valencia orange harvest is imminent
- 2019-02-21 "Germany is a complicated market for the Portuguese citrus industry"
- 2019-02-21 "We've created momentum by addressing consumer trends"
- 2019-02-21 Spain: Citrus growers protest in front of EC office in Madrid
- 2019-02-21 Spain: Approval of motion to analyze consequences on citrus of agreement with South Africa
- 2019-02-21 Frost severely reduced the production volume of Chinese tangerines
- 2019-02-20 Argentina will export lemons to India
- 2019-02-20 Peru is expected to export 200,000 tons of citrus this year
- 2019-02-20 China: Shatang tangerines approach end of season
- 2019-02-20 "Good demand for Spanish oranges despite large citrus supply"