- Office (sales) manager China - Zhangjiagang
- Apple Production Manager - Freestate, South Africa
- Entomologist - Canada
- Head Grower - Hudson (OH) USA
- Product Developer - Italy
- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe (Benelux - Germany)
- Technical sales specialists Florida, Virginia, North Caroline, South Carolina, Texas, - USA
- Business Development Manager Spain
- Director of Operations - Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Kenyan avocado season has mixed results depending on variety
- Walmart: $10bln surprise after buying Flipkart
- "Ceremony held for first shipment of cold-treatment-free cherries from Izmir, Turkey"
- "If you do not have IP amongst your offering you will quickly lose relevance in the market"
Top 5 -last month
US: Retail food prices declined for the first time in nearly 50 years
High food price inflation in the 1970s—price increases as large as 16.4 and 14.9 percent in 1973 and 1974—was precipitated by food commodity and energy price shocks, whereas food price increases were minimal in 2009 and 2010, as the 2007-09 recession put downward pressure on prices for many goods, including food.
The unusual decline in retail food prices in 2016 can be attributed to a culmination of factors. Declining prices for retail meats, eggs, and dairy during that year are largely a story about rising commodity production. Lower transportation costs due to low oil prices and the strength of the U.S. dollar also placed downward pressure on food prices in the first half of 2016.
This chart appears in “Consumers Paid Less for Grocery Store Foods in 2016 Than in 2015” in the March 2017 issue of ERS’s Amber Waves magazine.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-07-19 "Good quality and quantity of French peaches, nectarines, and Charentais melons"
- 2019-07-19 Huancavelica, Peru's first ecological region
- 2019-07-19 Thailand: Lao market may need to import more fruits & vegetables
- 2019-07-19 India: Supply shortage raises prices in wholesale markets of Mumbai & Delhi
- 2019-07-19 China's vegetable output was 700 mln tons in 2018
- 2019-07-19 Canadian carrot prices have jumped 30% since February
- 2019-07-18 Indian temples decked out with fruits & vegetables
- 2019-07-18 'Recommended amounts of fruit and veg can indeed be affordable'
- 2019-07-18 “A lot of sales in Europe, but not in the Netherlands”
- 2019-07-18 The latest traceability technology used to successfully enforce IP rights over illegal usage
- 2019-07-18 Plant-forward snack 'Better Break' announced
- 2019-07-18 Egyptians brace themselves for rising prices
- 2019-07-18 Mexico City’s wholesale market is a city unto itself
- 2019-07-16 Peru's blueberry export increased 68% in first half of 2019
- 2019-07-16 Spain's Consumer Organization publishes list of the best stores to buy fruit
- 2019-07-16 US: Texas border bill to stop produce imports from spoiling at ports-of-entry
- 2019-07-15 Israel’s first digital crop marketplace expected in 2020
- 2019-07-15 Exporters Eastern Cape look back at solid year of performance at AGM
- 2019-07-12 Peruvian fruit and vegetable exports amounted to US$1.222 billion between January and May
- 2019-07-12 Georgia to increase exports of fruits and vegetables to Kazakhstan