- Orchard Programmes Regional Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Packaging Supervisor - Mumbai, India
- Farm Manager - Czech Republic
- Citrus Agronomist - Can Tho, Vietnam
- Fresh Produce Trader - Den Haag, Netherlands
- Sales manager Europe
- Sales Representative - Northern Lower Michigan, USA
- Sales Representative - Florida, USA
- Business Development Manager Grapes, Citrus and Mangoes - Maasdijk, The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower’s Assistant - Hawaii, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Australia could save $3.4bn with sugar tax and healthy food subsidies
Cobiac and her team used international data from countries that already have food and beverage taxes such as Denmark, but tweaked the rate of taxation and also included a subsidy for fresh fruit and vegetables to keep the household budget around the same.
After creating a model of the impact of introducing taxes on saturated fat, salt, sugar and sugar-sweetened beverages, and a subsidy on fruits and vegetables in Australia their simulations found the combination could result in 1.2 additional years of healthy life per 100 people alive in 2010. They also found that it could net cost-saving of $3.4bn to the health sector.
“Few other public health interventions could deliver such health gains on average across the whole population,” Cobiac said.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-02-22 Mangoes & avocados positively impacting male fertility
- 2019-02-22 Spain: Pollution levels vary depending on the crop, not just the irrigation water
- 2019-02-22 ‘Consumption of allium vegetables to reduce risk of colorectal cancer’
- 2019-02-22 Are purple carrots healthier?
- 2019-02-15 Black carrots could reduce risk of Neurological Diseases
- 2019-02-14 Botswana government advises populace to consume more fruits and vegetables
- 2019-02-13 Village Farms spreads the word about healthy eating
- 2019-02-13 Potato brand supports 'Food as Medicine' movement
- 2019-02-12 Eating sauerkraut to fight breast cancer
- 2019-02-08 Cruciferous vegetables may prevent hardening of neck arteries
- 2019-02-01 Digestive problems? Try black carrots!
- 2019-01-31 Joint campaign for "Snack 5" launched
- 2019-01-31 The 13 healthiest root vegetables
- 2019-01-31 Breakthrough research finds new benefits of blueberries
- 2019-01-29 UK: Asda brings out Vitamin D mushrooms
- 2019-01-29 Eating vegetables and fish during pregnancy may help reduce risk of high blood pressure
- 2019-01-24 Qatar research on plant-derived breast cancer therapies
- 2019-01-24 Are nectars and fruit juices healthy?
- 2019-01-23 Surprising health benefits of eating banana flowers
- 2019-01-18 List of alkaline foods and fruits