- Processing & Quality Management Director - Made, The Netherlands or Sderot/Brurim, Israel
- Aankomend Int. Export Manager jonge groenteplanten
- Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
- Non-Executive Directors
- Horticultural Sales Manager - Fruit Industry, Europe
- Sales Representative - New South Wales (Australia)
- Business Development Coordinator - New Zealand
- Greenhouse Production Manager - Heho (Shan State) Myanmar
- Account Manager Benelux
- Inkoop Specialist AGF - Bleiswijk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
AGC Frutas exports 'Original' papayas from Brazil into Europe
AGC is a leading company on the Brazilian national market, producing, packing and now exporting Papayas. The production of the company is more than 15.000 tons of the Papaya Original and 5.000 tons of Papaya Formosa. It is the biggest producer of the Original variety in Brazil and has a large presence in the national market. The company delivers, per week, an average of 250 tons of the Original Papaya and more than 85 tons of Formosa Papaya to the wholesale markets of São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Minas Gerais and Espiríto Santo.
The Original variety is a small sized papaya (average 475 grams per piece). The difference between the Original variety and its close relative, the Golden Papaya, is its shape; less round than the Golden, and with a longer shelf life and resistance. The fruit develops a more yellow coloration during its ripening process and, at the full ripening stage, will resist alive for a longer period than the golden.
The company is also the most experienced commercial producer of the Original variety in Brazil. “While a few other growers started producing this year or last year, AGC has been producing the variety for more than 8 years, and have the experience to produce, pack and delivery the right quality to the clients. For that reason we named our brand Original Papaya because we are the original, first, commercial producer and provider of the Original variety in Brazil” – Mr Altenis Galavotti Carrareto.
In the last 2 years, based on the successful production, commercialization and differential of the Original Papaya Variety, the Market Share of AGC in the CEAGESP (Whole Sale Market of São Paulo), moved from 5% up to 70% among the small papayas market. That is a market of 15 million people.
Looking to the success of the variety at the local market, the company now sets foot in Europe. The company established a commercial base in the Netherlands, from where they will manage all sales and services into the European continent. “If this variety is working so well in Brazil, where the people are used to eating good quality and big quantities of papaya, we can only believe it will work great with the European consumers as well. Now we must focus on getting people to know our variety and product” – Says Mr Ayres Wehrmeister Junior, commercial agent of the company AGC Frutas in the Netherlands.
Agc Frutas Ltda. Located in São Mateus, Espirito Santo Linhares. (One of the main papayas production areas).
Ayres Wehrmeister Junior
Agc Frutas Ltda.
Mobile +31 (0) 683 574 721
Phone + 31 (0) 10 3048479
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-14 Chilean kiwifruit brand Sweeki advances on Chinese market
- 2019-06-14 11 thousand tons of Vietnamese lychees enter Chinese market
- 2019-06-14 Mexico plans to export avocados to Japan
- 2019-06-14 NZ: Kiwifruit smaller but sweeter
- 2019-06-13 Peru needs to strengthen commercial ties with Brazil
- 2019-06-13 Mexico conducts research to improve soursop yields
- 2019-06-13 California to have avocado crop year-round
- 2019-06-12 South African avocados: “Prices aren’t crazy, but good” as much smaller crop comes in
- 2019-06-12 Zespri to decide whether to go commercial with red kiwifruit by the end of the year
- 2019-06-12 "The avocado sector is about to undergo radical changes"
- 2019-06-11 Influx of jackfruit into US market
- 2019-06-10 Colombia plans to export a thousand tons of cape gooseberry this year
- 2019-06-10 Superfoods Peru reaches commercial agreements worth US $13 million
- 2019-06-10 China: Rising price of Yulin lychees gains momentum
- 2019-06-10 Malaysian planters began to expand durian industry several years ago
- 2019-06-10 Spain: "The quality of avocados should be more important than the price"
- 2019-06-10 Sea algae research could hold solution to devastating kiwifruit disease
- 2019-06-10 Over supply of mangoes in Philippines due to El Niño
- 2019-06-10 Peru: The market for rambutan has potential for growth in the EU
- 2019-06-10 Peru fears competition from Colombian avocados