- Head of Farming | Ukraine
- Avocados Sales/Marketing Professional - Europe
- Commercial Manager/Trader for Flowers - Holland
- Head Grower - Berries, New Zealand
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager (Africa Division)
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Horticulture Production Manager
- Farm Manager (Cherries) - BC, Canada
- Grower / Head Grower Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Unifrutti has thousands of counterfeit lemon cartons destroyed in China
- Japanese company develops CBD oil from orange peels
- “There is much potential for optimizing blueberry and grape crops with nanobubble technology”
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL STONE FRUIT MARKET
- “You should not blindly rely on Russian supermarkets for quality inspections”
Top 5 -last month
Indonesia continues Pakistani kinnow imports
The PFVA delegation expressed concern over the recent developments that implied Indonesia was considering banning import of oranges from Pakistan.
“An Indonesian quarantine team recently visited Pakistan to inspect the orchards where oranges are grown,” said the press release, adding “the team expressed satisfaction with the current conditions.”
PFVA Chairman Waheed Ahmed told the consul general that the association members are exporting fruits and vegetables to 70 countries.
The association has assisted the Department of Plant Protection (DPP) Pakistan in introducing standard operating procedures at packaging houses and orchards to bring them in line with international standards.
The PFVA delegation discussed the import of Indonesian fruits by Pakistan via Dubai, emphasising the need for direct export channels.
Aslam Pakhali, a member of the PFVA delegation, said imports from Indonesia are increasing and will continue to rise once the free trade agreement (FTA) is implemented. He assured Santoso of PFVA’s support in facilitating Indonesian trade delegations in Pakistan for the promotion of bilateral trade.
Another member suggested that Indonesia should increase the import of Pakistani oranges since they are cheaper as compared to Australia, the US and China.
Santoso underscored the need for direct exports from Pakistan to Indonesia, eliminating the role of any third party. He also assured the traders that his office will facilitate the Indonesian buyers visiting Pakistan in order to promote the fruit and vegetable trade.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-06-05 Automated facilities stimulate export of Chinese honey pomelo
- 2020-06-05 Pinghe honey pomelo will enter Chinese market in mid-August
- 2020-06-04 Cutting costs to gain customer loyalty in the citrus industry
- 2020-06-04 "We hope to motivate other orange growers to switch to organic farming"
- 2020-06-04 Entre Rios' citrus production is expected to drop by up to 40%
- 2020-06-04 Start of an excellent Tango season
- 2020-06-03 South African grapefruit industry pulls back exports after speedy start
- 2020-06-03 Portugal: Citrus industry Algarve reports booming business
- 2020-06-03 Peruvian lemon exports increase
- 2020-06-03 "We will produce 50% more organic lemons than last year"
- 2020-06-03 Florida citrus growers sign up for 46 HLB research projects
- 2020-06-03 COVID-19 led to 34% spike of orange juice consumption
- 2020-06-03 New packing facility for ANB Investments
- 2020-06-02 Southern hemisphere 2020 citrus exports are expected to increase by 12%
- 2020-06-02 "It has been an atypical campaign, with many ups and downs"
- 2020-06-02 Georgia citrus orchards work toward certification
- 2020-06-01 Chile sends its first clementines to China
- 2020-06-01 Rapidity of lemon increase takes South African industry by surprise
- 2020-05-29 MFC's citrus season gets underway with very good demand
- 2020-05-29 Unifrutti has thousands of counterfeit lemon cartons destroyed in China