- Tomato Breeder (H/F)
- Junior / Senior Export Manager
- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
- Greenhouse Investment Analyst - Portland (OR) USA
- Market Manager - Horticulture, USA
- Procurement and Marketing Manager - Kenya
- Head Grower - Bahrain
- Quality Assurance Manager - (Victoria, NSW or Tasmania) Australia
- (Assistant) Manager
- Senior Commodities Trader | Pulses | Ukraine
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Change for Don Limon grapes from India
After conducting local research into the basic needs of local producers, who are generally poor people, it appeared that knowledge is a key element to their progression. Particularly increased knowledge and support in the areas of pre- and post-harvest practices. This means helping growers with their marketing via the attendance of trade fairs and in the immediate approach of customers. It also means helping them with working out the logistics of international market supply.
A large part of this role is filled in by a local exporting partner in India. This existent supplier of export grapes has grower experience and topical knowledge of the industry. Via an outgrower system, this expertise is being shared with the small growers. Besides this, the exporter also plays a pivotal part in the monitoring of production and recruitment of local experts in the fields of expertise that particular new growers might need support in.
Tied into this, is the collaboration of Don Limon’s Debjit Ghosh at the European market side, who is native to the same province in India where the social impact project is also being materialized. He’s available to the growers via Skype and phone, yet also makes frequent visits to the field. In those fields, the harvest of the crop will start mid-January. The season will last until mid-may. For the first round in which the project is operational, a volume of 15 export containers from 35 different growers is prevised. Next season, this figure is expected to increase to 65 growers and should grow to 135 growers in the third season.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-07-24 United Fresh promotes Jennifer McEntire to SVP Food Safety & Technology
- 2020-07-24 Mason Hamilton joins Farm Direct Supply
- 2020-07-24 Baker & Murakami adds growers and expands sales team
- 2020-07-24 "We've pooled all our previous years' experience in this new building"
- 2020-07-24 Aldi introduces new private brand for fresh produce in Poland
- 2020-07-24 Results of the 2019/20 fruit and vegetable campaign in Almeria
- 2020-07-24 Israeli satellite irrigation recommendation technology available in South Africa
- 2020-07-24 Official opening of tray washing facility in Sint-Katelijne-Waver
- 2020-07-24 McDonald's is serving Almeria-grown lettuce
- 2020-07-23 Onubafruit closes the 2020 berry campaign with € 235 M
- 2020-07-23 "Our strict protocol has allowed us to detect the case and continue our production activity uninterrupted"
- 2020-07-23 Julie Lutz-Lenosky joins Bard Valley Date Growers
- 2020-07-23 Hazel Tech® announces partnership with Farmlands Co-operative in New Zealand
- 2020-07-23 Monterey Mushrooms to pay $1.2M settlement to California Regional Water Quality Control Board
- 2020-07-23 Tomra Food opens new regional headquarters in Latin America
- 2020-07-23 Agroponiente expands its facilities in Almería with a new logistics warehouse
- 2020-07-22 Mündlein company thanks Alessandro Langella and looks forward to the next 15 years
- 2020-07-21 Crawford Packaging begins construction of new location in Essex, Ontario
- 2020-07-21 AM FRESH launches its new sustainability strategy
- 2020-07-21 Dutch wholesaler, Orange D.L.S., turns 20