- Sales/Marketing Professional - Europe
- Looking for an opportunity in India
- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Tissue Culture Banana: 'wonder crop for Kenya'
Then a research firm introduced a high yielding, fast maturing banana, the Tissue Culture Banana, helping eliminate poverty in a region where people had resigned to hopelessness.
Research indicates the average hectare yield for tissue culture bananas is 30 to 40 tons per year, earning more than $10 000 almost twice the yield from normal breeds.
In 2000, world leaders set themselves a goal of reducing extreme hunger and poverty by the end of September.
Nearly 70% of Africa’s rural population rely on agriculture for economic sustainability, which remains the backbone of most of the continent’s economies.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-04-08 Banana imports to EU 28 in 2019 dropped 1.3 percent y-o-y
- 2020-04-08 Women becoming more prominent in Ecuador’s banana sector
- 2020-04-07 Cameroon banana exports dropped by over 6,000 tons year-on-year
- 2020-04-07 Tanzanian research teams are tackling banana wilt disease
- 2020-04-07 Chinese banana price begins to stabilize
- 2020-04-07 Tanzania: Banana production under threat
- 2020-04-03 Bananas generate more than 50,000 jobs in Michoacan, Colima, and Jalisco
- 2020-04-03 Tweet: World imports in 2019 show no growth
- 2020-04-02 Prices of EU produced bananas were relatively high at the end of 2019
- 2020-04-02 South Korea: North Chungcheong Province works on cultivating bananas
- 2020-04-02 Minimal coronavirus impact for South African cross-border banana farmers
- 2020-04-02 Mexico achieved a new banana export record in 2019
- 2020-03-31 Ecuadorian banana producers oppose paralyzing shipments
- 2020-03-31 Low prices in banana market, but Ecuador continues to export steady volumes
- 2020-03-30 Ecuador's banana exports continue despite the health crisis
- 2020-03-30 Banana exporters Philippines want uniform guidelines on cargoes
- 2020-03-27 Cameroon: Banana exports down by more than 6,500 tons
- 2020-03-27 Peru plans to be the world's leading exporter of organic bananas until 2023
- 2020-03-26 The circular economy reaches Uraba's banana sector
- 2020-03-25 The first solution for the biological control of mealybug in banana trees is now available