- Head, Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
- General Manager - Oxnard (CA) USA
- Trader Fruit - Rungis (France)
- Fruit & vegetables Export - Import manager
- Import-Export senior Sales Agents to Europe - Barcelona, Spain
- Teamleader Agronomist Vertical Farm - Poeldijk, The Netherlands
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- QA Officer Retail - Maasdijk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Israel: 2014 fruit, veg statistics released
Overall in Israel, some 300,000 hectares were used for agriculture, and over 73,000 workers were employed in agriculture in 2014. Agricultural revenues in the previous year stood at over 30 billion shekels, with some 18.5 billion of that coming from field crops, fruits, and vegetables.
Vegetables accounted for over 6 billion shekels in revenue in 2014, with potatoes generating the highest revenue, roughly 1.2 billion shekels. Fruits accounted for slightly less revenue, totalling just fewer than 6 billion shekels. The most notable fruits in 2014 were dates which generated 860 million shekels in revenue, grapes with 804 million shekels, avocados with 579mil, bananas with 539mil, apples with 496mil, and peaches with 352mil. Citrus fruits were another large sector, with over 1.2 billion shekels in revenue, out of which easy-peelers accounted for 454mil, grapefruit for 360mil, and navel and shmouti oranges for 161mil.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-01-18 Nigeria: State of Kano hosts First National Tomato Stakeholders summit
- 2019-01-18 Austria: "Still high onion prices"
- 2019-01-18 Bangladesh: Bumper crop of tomatoes in Rajbari
- 2019-01-18 Indian horti exporters plead with government to have Saudis lift ban
- 2019-01-18 Belgium: fruit and vegetable vending machines
- 2019-01-18 New Covent Garden Market's traders - Predicting fruit and vegetable trends 2019
- 2019-01-17 Ghana's young farmers to take advantage of tomato cultivation
- 2019-01-17 Good supply situation is met with calm but steady demand
- 2019-01-17 "Patents on fruit and vegetables are a regulatory gap"
- 2019-01-17 “Most of Vietnam’s coconuts serve the Chinese market”
- 2019-01-17 Nigeria: Dam dredging boosts local tomato production
- 2019-01-16 Kaufland is now also purchasing fruit and vegetables with optical defects
- 2019-01-16 "No significant problems with the availability of Spanish peppers"
- 2019-01-16 "Tight market situation for onions and pre-cut French salad"
- 2019-01-16 Crop year 2017 saw growth for California Agriculture
- 2019-01-16 "Muslim consumers want to feel fresh produce before they buy"
- 2019-01-16 Vietnam: Ninh Thuan province to switch to new crops in 2019
- 2019-01-15 China: Inventor carves instruments out of vegetables
- 2019-01-15 Xinfadi market: 2018 trading volume of quality fruit soars
- 2019-01-15 Hungary: Farmgate prices up 4.4% in November