- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
- Maintenance Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Sales Development Executive - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Uganda: New plant to increase demand for local fruit
The US$3m (shs9b) plant is set to increase demand for locally produced fruits such as mangos, passion, pineapples and oranges that are essential in juice extraction.
Britania Allied Industries the manufacturers of Splash juice are the first company so far to meet the set requirements by the Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) the standards body.
Jagadish Kumathe the General Manager Commercial and Logistics said the US$ 3m (shs9b) Tetra Brik Aseptic (TBA) plant from Sweden will go a long way in bolstering quality of the juice production.
“The issue of quality in juice production is very important that is why we felt it necessary to invest close to shs10b in this new plant,” he told the Press at their premises in Ntinda yesterday.
Jagadish noted that the 2015 TBA-19 model replaces the TBA-3 model that the plant has been using since 1997.
The general manager marketing, K.R Sridharan said the new plant means more cash for local fruit farmers.
“Now that we have a plant that produces more, we shall definitely need more supplies of pineapples and mangoes from local Uganda farmers,” he said.
Click here to read more at newvision.co.ug.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-05 This year's Alphonso mangoes came from Malawi
- 2019-12-05 Philippine durians captivate American taste buds
- 2019-12-05 Peruvian fresh mango exports increase by 49%
- 2019-12-05 Costa Rica: Pineapples and marijuana Illegally grown in protected wild areas
- 2019-12-05 “World avocado market is worth at least $9 billion globally”
- 2019-12-04 Hass supply into Europe; almost same levels as last year
- 2019-12-04 Sarawak tells Malaysian state Agriculture Dept to find spots for fruit cultivation
- 2019-12-04 Citrus growers branch into avocado plantings
- 2019-12-02 Dominican avocados shipped to China soon
- 2019-12-02 Australia: Darwin sees record mango production
- 2019-12-02 Student initiative develops paper from pineapple crowns and leaves
- 2019-12-02 China may greenlight Cambodian mango exports
- 2019-12-02 Chinese firm considers billion dollar investment for Davao durian
- 2019-11-29 Southern Philippines: Mindanao will export mangoes to Malaysia & Indonesia
- 2019-11-29 Kenya and the global Avocado Craze
- 2019-11-29 Ecuador intensifies avocado, pineapple, and frozen fruit exports to the EU
- 2019-11-29 Mango EMEX, the new Mexican mango quality brand
- 2019-11-28 Unique custard apple produced by Glass House Mountains farmers
- 2019-11-28 "Import pineapples barely offer any competition to our Chinese pineapples"
- 2019-11-28 "This season had record numbers of consumers creating unprecedented demand"