- Fruit Business Manager - Hong Kong SAR
- Regional Sales Manager - Northern EU
- Irrigation Manager - Cressy (Tasmania) Australia
- Verkoop Assistent Duitse Retail - Bleiswijk
- Packhouse Manager - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Looking for reinforcement?
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- “Europe has quickly become the biggest destination for our pomegranate arils”
- Early Cape avocado harvest meets huge demand and buoyant prices
- Chile is beginning to experience an extreme drought situation
- Northern Territory: Mango crops destroyed by fires
- US fruit growers find themselves in middle of labor visa fight
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Peru set to become grape supplier for China
The projection was based on information regarding shipments made throughout 2014.
According to the Capechi Business Research Unit, Miguel Galvez, last year exports totaled US$175.4 million (8.6 million boxes).
“Growth has been amazing last year. The large grape-kilogram volumes, which arrived in the Chinese market, had grown by 136% […]. Those indicators confirmed Peru is ranked second among other supplying countries […],” Galvez told Andina news.
“Likewise, thanks to grape exports, our country has displaced the US, which now ranks third. Those are followed by South Africa and Australia,” he added.
Exports to Continental Chine reached US$86 million (up 84%). The ones shipped to Hong Kong led to a US$89 million (up 148%) revenue.
Grape-exporting enterprises in Peru were 98. Throughout the year, other 32 joined the business.
It must be noted exported grapes have been granted a “zero rate,” which came into force in January 2015 thanks to the existing Peru-China Free Trade Agreement.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-20 Fruitcase: The world's first fruit on wheels
- 2019-09-20 Chile’s fruit and berry exports could drop dramatically if it does not solve water problem
- 2019-09-19 Third-party quality inspection agencies help Chinese importers ensure fruit quality
- 2019-09-18 Second annual “Pears for Pairs" campaign kicks off
- 2019-09-16 China: High fruit prices dip
- 2019-09-13 Bangladesh: Fruit imports are soaring
- 2019-09-12 Fruit growers in Spanish region of Navarre unhappy about prices
- 2019-09-10 Washington's Sweetie apple has started shipping this week
- 2019-09-10 Fresh fruit is one of the top US food exports to Hong Kong
- 2019-09-06 "Our fruit is now a gift in plastic packaging or a container"
- 2019-09-06 Romanian fruit trade - January to April 2019
- 2019-09-05 Turkish cherry, grape and pomegranate exporters join forces to set new records
- 2019-09-05 Argentina: Pyrethroid resistance mutation in Cydia pomonella
- 2019-09-05 Turkish apples are exported all over the world
- 2019-09-04 Australian fruit farms feel the heat in northern Victoria
- 2019-09-04 Fruit trade shortage in Flanders at 530 million, double that of 2016
- 2019-09-02 How will Chinese fruit wholesale market prices fare in the rest of 2019?
- 2019-08-30 There is still room for Spanish fruit in the Chinese market
- 2019-08-29 “Still good demand for summer fruit in Belgium; increased demand for grapes”
- 2019-08-28 Better Polish apple season expected; trade expansion efforts must continue